Astraea.

"Are

"Are...you okay? It seemed urgent" I carefully walk into the large room, my hands nervously fiddling with the hem of my dress. He looks up from the papers in front of him on the table. His expression looks unreadable. As always.

He motions me to sit on the chair opposite his and rests his arms on the table, throwing knives at me with that look in this eyes.
"I need to ask you a few questions"

I gulp and nod nervously. This feels very much like a police inquiry. Except I don't know how that feels.

"O...kay?" I tuck my lower lip in my mouth. He turns his laptop off and focuses completely on me.

"You live with your mom and sister, no?" His eyes hold something dark. It scares the shit out of me.
"Yes?"

"What about your father?"

I freeze in my seat. Why does he need to know about that?

"Why?" He sighs, pushing his chair even closer. "Answer the question, Astraea"

"He passed away when I was nine due to a car accident" my breath catches as I recall that phone call. Mom sank to the floor as Ria and I watched.

She ran out the door and rushed to her car, stuffing me and Ria into the backseat as we drove to the hospital. She wouldn't tell me what happened no matter how much I cried.

He nods, analysing the pen on the table. When he looks up, his eyes soften. I'm confused before I realise that there's a tear trickling down my cheek. I close my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just-" I take a deep breath before opening my eyes again. His face drops and he reaches out to hold my hand. I let him.

His fingers brush over my knuckles and he brings my hand to his lips, laying a soft kiss. I sniff and shake my head.

"Why?" My voice comes out weaker than I had intended. I clear my throat. He sighs and pushes a stack of papers my way.

He taps a certain picture of a man on one of the papers.
"Do you recognise him?"

When he lifts his finger, the ground gets pulled from under my feet.

"D-Dad?" Everything seems to blur away when I look at the man in the photo. It's my dad. I have a few photos of him in my phone, but there's something different about this one. I checks the letters under the picture.

Fredrick Kayne Iglesias.

I push the papers away and spring to my feet. Zane follows.
"No. No. It can't-"

He steps towards me but I back away. That's my dad. That's the person who used to sing me lullabies and buy me Icees. That's the person who used to take me out to get Mcdonalds at 3am.

That's my dad.

"Iris, I need you to calm down" he extends his hands and gets ahold of my wrist, pulling me to his chest.

I keep punching his chest repeatedly but he doesn't let go. Loud sobs leave my lips and I feel my legs go weak.

"Iris, please. Sit down" he sits me down on the chair and hands me a glass of water. I push it away.

"No, Zane! I can't. I can't. That's- that's my papa. I don't know what's happening" He nods and hushes me, gently stroking my back.

"It's okay, darling. I've got you"

"Astraea, can you tell me what your dad's name was?"

My legs start shaking as I tightly fist his shirt in my hands. The spot on his shirt develops a wet stain due to my tears.

"Ricky" My voice barely comes out, and he nods.

"Fredrick 'Ricky' Kayne Iglesias" He says to no one in particular. I shake my head rapidly, my head refusing to believe whatever is going on.

"No. No. No. No. This can't be happening. I can't-"
"Astraea"

I look up at him.
"Your dad is alive"

The air gets knocked out of my lungs at his words. I shake my head.
"He passed away. He isn't-" My hands shake as I try to push him away. He doesn't budge.

"He's alive, baby" I shudder, my heart threatening to burst any moment.
"I talked to him"

I stop and stare at him. Everything in me is telling me to run away. To run out the door and never turn back. To get away from him. From them. I can't.

"You did?" He clutches my hands and gently nods his head. Those mossy green eyes of his darkening. I close my eyes and breathe slowly.

"You're going to kill him, aren't you?" Everything screams that my dad couldn't do such a thing. He would never. He couldn't. That was the man who protected me. Who made me laugh and bought me gifts. That was the man I could trust with my entire life.

He nods again, and I almost don't see it. It hurts my heart, but I understand. I need to know why. I need to know why he would do something so horrible. I need to talk to him.

"I need to talk to him" His eyes darken and his expression turns cold.
"I am not letting that man anywhere near you"

I shake my head and stand up, facing him.
"That man was once my father. I want to talk to him. One last time, please" I beg him. Zane turns his face away from me. I reach over and pull his face towards me. He waits.

"Please, Zee. Please" I look into his eyes, studying him. Zane holds my hand and interlaces our fingers. His eyes hold so much of everything. So much pain, grief, loss, all because of my father.

My heart still didn't want to believe it.

I practically sense the pain in his expression as he nods.

"Under my watch" I raise my eyebrows.
"Why?"
"I don't trust him" I hold his arm.
"Not even around me? I'm his daughter"

He stares at me with so much intensity that it's almost blinding.
"Especially not around you. The only time I'm not worried about you is when you're with someone I fully trust" his fingertips trace my non-existent jawline.

"Fuck, when did I get so scared of losing you?"

I turn my face towards him. As much as my heart hurts, he makes me feel better.

You're in love with him.

I shake my head to get rid of the thought, he smiles.
"Penny for your thoughts?"

"You're scared of losing me?" He eyes me as I question. Just when I finish the sentence, I'm pulled even closer to his chest.

"Terrified"

He touches my forehead with his. Our face is inches from each other so I
can feel his warm breath on my face. He raises his eyes to meet mine, then his gaze settle on my lips.

"I wanna kiss you"

I freeze. The entire surface area of my body seems frozen right about now. He leans closer.

"Can I?"

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

"Ye-"

"Zane!" Felix screams from outside. We both look at each other and rush towards the door.

You're in love with him.

A/N

The TenSion. I know y'all are cursing me rn but idc imma make them kiss when imma make them kiss.

Anyway, this was a bit of a plotwist.

Anyway x2
Be sure to vote, comment and tell me what you think!

-Author.