Astraea.

Soulmates aren't always romantic.

Sometimes, they can be friends that held you when you cried violently, that wiped your tears when you were a train wreck, that were there when you were falling apart.

And you know what the worst thing is? Hurting them.

"You're going to be okay" I say to Felix's still figure on my lap.

"It's all going to be okay" My hand reaches out to brush the strand of hair from his forehead. I lean down and lay a kiss on his head.

"No. NO!" Zane screams from behind me and rushes to my side, taking Felix from my arms on the hospital bed.

"Felix!" A chilling scream echoes though the entire building. I look at him.

"He should be fine in a few days. Until then, I advise you to not let him work since he's suffered a lot of injuries" The doctor says from the door. I nod.

His hands shake at his sides. He looks up and exhales loudly.
"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THIS?"

"We just thought-"
"I don't fucking care what you thought!" He screams at Bianca.

"Hush, you're going to wake him up!" Roxy lays a finger on her lips.

"You did it without my fucking permission even when I told you not to. You, of all people, Bianca" He narrows his eyes at her, his hands tight fists at his side.

"Stop blaming her for everything!" I say. Zane grits his teeth. I stand up from the bed, ignoring the blood on my hands, arms and clothes.

"Don't fucking interfere"
"I will, Zane. It was my plan. Do you wanna blame someone? Blame me. I couldn't give two fucks"

He takes a shaky breath.
"Fine. Whatever you want" He takes a dangerous step towards me.
"All you ever do, Astraea, is put yours and everyone else's life in danger. What was the fucking point of this? I left them alive. You had no fucking right to interfere!" He roars. Then, Roxy stands up.

"You gotta take it out? Take it out on everyone" She crosses her arms over her chest and faces him. He doesn't so much as look at her.

"I should've killed Cal. I left him alive for you. I spared Tyril and Mal's life for you. I left my fucking purpose for you. I stopped everything wrong I was doing for you. All of it was for you, Astraea" He pauses "I killed Fredrick" his voice is gentler now.

I breath leaves my mouth when he says it, my throat seems constructed. The room spins around me. Then, I close my eyes and suck it up.

"I've shown kindness. Sympathy. Mercy. Forgiveness. Humanity. All for you" He pauses, choosing his next words carefully.
"I did all of it for you, but this is too much. I can't let you get away with this"

"You're saying it as if she's the only one in room" Royce adds "If you have to take it out, take it out on all of us, Zane. Don't target her" I look at him, appreciative.

But Zane doesn't seem to be listening. He takes a step towards me, backing me up against the wall.

"Do you know how dangerous it was? Whatever you did today, it could've killed you" His says, his voice impossibly soft.

"He almost died" He takes a look at Felix. "And everyone else's life was put at risk"

"Astraea, as the boss of ETF, I order you to go back home, and never come back again"

The sky gets a few shades darker as the words leave his mouth.

She wraps her warm arms around me, tightly clutching me to her chest.
"It's okay. You're going to be okay"