Zane.

"Zane, it's bad"

"Zane, it's bad"

The dread sets in and everything in front of me goes blurry.

"How bad?"

Felix runs a hand down his face and looks back towards the hospital door.

"Bad"

I swallow with difficulty and nod my head. When she gets better, I'm throwing her in a box as previously intended whether she likes it or not.

"Are you okay?" Bianca puts a hand on my shoulder. I brush it off.
"I'm fine"

No. I'm not.

If anything happens to her, I swear to fucking hades I'll set fire to the entire city.

"She's suffered a few injuries, but for the most part, she'll be just fine" I hear the doctor's voice from behind me. Rina steals the words right out of my mouth when she says
"Can we see her?"

The doctor nods, motioning us towards the room. I don't dare to step in. Not until everyone's done meeting her and finished with their 'I don't know what I'd do without you' speeches.

Maybe I should prepare one just in case.

"Zane? She wants you" Felix pokes his head out from the door. I swallow and nod my head, walking into the room.

She lays on the bed, smiling at Rina who seems to be ranting to her about something. She looks so weak, so fragile that I want to stay here with her forever.

Finally, her eyes drift towards me, and I stop breathing.

"Hi"
"Hi"

"I missed you" she says, that beautiful smile gracing her face.

Don't.
Don't you dare.
Don't you fucking dare.

"I fucking hate you"

She laughs, the sound echoing in the marble room. I notice Felix tugging on Bianca's sleeve. They leave the room, followed by Rina.

She gives Astraea a little smile before closing the door after her. We stay in complete silence for a few seconds.

"I know you're mad at me for not telling you where I was going but I had a very valid reason, okay?" Her thin hands motion me to sit down on the stool next to the bed. I do so without question.

"I hate you so much" I say and lean over, brushing the hair out of her face. She slightly tense under my fingertips, but then leans into my hand.

"I thought I lost you" My voice comes out soft. She shakes her head, the corners of her mouth lifting up into a smile.
"I'm okay, Zee. I'll be okay"

I clutch her hand tightly, as if scared to let go, and put it over my own heart.

She pauses, staring at me with those big brown eyes.