4: Lavender

I wake up really early, it's still dark outside! Looking across at Kate, I see that she is awake too.

"Hey Kate, how long have you been awake?" I whisper.

"About an hour now, I'm just reading some Zoella fanfics on Wattpad." She replies.

I check my phone and the time says 4:20am....

"Kate we'd better try and go back to sleep, it's only 4:20am!" I advise.

"Sure, but that is easier said than done!" She replies.

After another 20 minutes of lying there, Kate leans across to me.

"Hey Steph!" She whispers to me. "I heard lavender helps you sleep better!"

"Um okay that's nice but we don't have any lavender in here...." I reply.

"Not in here, but I do have some in my garden!" She exclaims. "I'm going to go get some, you coming?"

"Sure, I guess it's better than being bored.." I agree.

We pull our covers off and tip toe over to her bedroom door. We open it, and it lets out a little creak.

Stopping dead in our tracks, we freeze. No sound comes from her parents room, so we continue down the landing.

Holding onto the banister, we creep down the stairs, but are confronted by Kate's springer spaniel!

He growls at us so Kate bends down and strokes him. "Good boy Monty, it's only Kate and Steph, we won't hurt you, good boy, good boy, there we go." She soothes.

He lets us past him, and we continue out to the back door. It's locked.

"Damn it!" She whisper-screams.

I lean across to the kitchen island, and pick up some keys. "Looking for these?" I tease her.

She looks relieved. Slotting them in the door, we turn the handle and a blast of cool night air envelopes our faces.

We rush over to the lavender bush, grab a few handfuls and race back inside.

Locking the door, we replace the keys and tip toe past Monty and up the stairs to her room.

Exhausted, we flop into bed. Placing the lavender under our pillows, we are overwhelmed with the relaxing scent, and slowly drift to sleep.

A/N

That was a funny chapter to write! My actual springer spaniel is called Monty, and I wanted to put that in there mmkay. I can never sleep, so lavender really works for me, and I have a spray that isn't too strong ;)

Eliza xx