10: Fish&Chips&Marley&Me

The sound of the sea is loud in my ears, and my long blonde hair is whipping around my face.

I look across at Zoe, and smile.

I can't believe this is all actually happening!

Nala is up ahead, racing across the stony beach, chasing the seagulls.

"Hey Steph?" Zoe asks.

"Yes?" I answer.

"Are you hungry? There's a really great fish and chip shop just up there, do you fancy some?" She says, gesturing towards the town.

"Sure!" I say.

Truthfully, I've been hungry for ages, but felt it was too rude to tell Zoe, so my stomach growled angrily.

"Woah! Was that your stomach?!" Zoe laughs.

"Yeah!" I laugh too.

"We'd better head on up there then." She says, striding ahead.

Jogging a little to keep up, we eventually get to the top of the shingle slope and are stood in front of the fish and chip shop.

"So what would you like?" She turns to me and asks.

"Can I please have six chicken nuggets and chips?" I tell her.

Really, I haven't been to a fish a nd chip shop in ages, because it's too expensive to buy food for every single child in the home. But of course, now I'm with Zoe that isn't a problem!

Zoe orders a portion of chips and a sausage so we go and sit at a little table to wait for our food to come.

"So Steph, wha do you think about me and Alfie adopting you in the future?" Zoe asks tentatively.

"I'd love it!!!! This day has been sooo perfect!" I squeal.

Zoe grins and our order is called. We step up to the counter to collect our food, then head off down the promenade to find somewhere pleasant to sit.

We stumble upon a little bench that is painted light blue, my favourite colour.

Sitting down, we dig into the food.

We are just finishing when a girl around my age shyly walks up to us.

"Excuse me, but are you Zoe Sugg?" She asks.

"Hiya! Yes I am! Would you like a photo?" Zoe asks, she has obviously done this before because she knew just what to say.

The girl nods and takes a quick selfie, then grins, says thanks and scurries away.

Zoe turns to me, laughing and apologises for the interruption. I smile and wave it off and then we go back on the beach with Nala.

Taking our shoes off, we wade into the sea and start splashing each other. Soon, we are both soaking wet and screaming with laughter.

Coming off the beach, we get into her car and drive back to her house.

When we get in, we change our clothes, but I didn't bring any extras so I put on and old t shirt of Zoe's that had a flowery pattern, and some jogging bottoms with 'GEEK' written down the side of one leg.

Zoe shows me her video that she is going to post the next day. It is a huge shopping haul and it is amazing, as usual!

Alfie comes in and we all flop on the sofa and choose a dvd to watch.

In the end, we choose Marley & Me, which Alfie was not pleased with because it made him cry.

To be honest, I shed a little tear, and Zoe was full on sobbing on my shoulder. It was a strange (but lovely) feeling to have a world famous YouTuber crying and cuddling you!

When the movie ends we move all the crumpled tissues out of the way and get up to go.

I change back into my own clothes, but Zoe let me keep the clothes of hers that she lent me!

I hug Alfie, and he says that he can't wait to see me again!

Zoe and I leave in her car, and talk about random things on the way back to the home. There were no awkward silences, and we were laughing so hard most of the time!

When we get back, the trip seems like it flew by, and I get really upset! Zoe hugs me and doesn't let go for a long time.

I hear shocked little gasps from the other care kids as they realise who I am hugging.

When we finally let go, Zoe has tears streaming down her face, and promises to visit every weekend until I live with them!

Betty says that I can move in with them as soon as all the paperwork is filled out, which will take a month! I'm not sure if I can wait that long!

Zoe drives off, her hand out the window frantically waving the whole way down the street. Then she turns the corner, Betty shuts the door, and I feel like the whole day was just a dream.

A/N

This was one of my favourite chapters to write, and they will get longer!

Eliza xx