12: In a Daze

"Steph! Kate's here! Hurry up, you're going to be late!" Betty calls up the stairs.

Ever since I received those special texts from Zoe, my brain's been in dream land.

First I tried to shove my spoonful of Shreddies into my nose, then I brushed my chin instead of my teeth, and combed my hair with a fork. I mean combs and forks aren't that dissimilar, right?

My day has started amazingly but had then escalated into complete and utter chaos!

I shoved my shoes on, flung my bag over my back and raced down the stairs.

"I'm ready!" I exclaimed.

I am met with puzzled looks, and realise that I put my tights on....but forgot about my skirt. Whoops?

Running back up the stairs, I grab a skirt from the bottom of my wardrobe and shove it on, replacing my shoes and sprinting back down the stairs.

Betty forces my lunch into my overflowing school bag and shoves me and Kate out the door.

I fall down the step and end up sprawled on the ground in a muddy puddle. Great.

Kate hauls me to my feet and we advance towards school, 20 minutes late.

It's just as we get through the school gates and find the playground deserted that we realise how late we really are!

That's the moment when Kate decides to drop another bombshell on me.

"Steph?"

"Yeahhhhh?" I answer tiredly.

"Why are you wearing the burgundy skater skirt you wore to the book signing?"

I look down and scream. I have had THE MOST STRESSFUL MORNING EVER and this is the icing on the cake.

But if that was the icing, what happens next is the cherry.

"Girls! What are you doing out of lessons?" Mrs Farnham, our headteacher asks.

"Nothing Mrs Fartbag-" Kate starts.

"We were just late MRS FARNHAM." I interrupt.

"What did you call me? Oh never mind, get signed in and go STRAIGHT to your next lessons." She says sternly as she strides away.

Just as she reaches the corner she stops.

"STEPHANIE JONES WHY ARE YOU WEARING A BURGUNDY SKATER SKIRT? IT CLEARLY STATES IN THE SCHOOL UNIFORM POLICY THAT SKIRTS SHOULD BE BLACK KNEE LENGTH PLEATED SKIRTS!" She roars at me.

Oohhhhh noooooo. This is NOT happening.

"DETENTION! AFTER SCHOOL TODAY, YOUR PARENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED."

"Mrs F, you can't notify her parents because she hasn't got any - YET!" Kate shouts.

"YOU TOO KATHERINE WILSON, DETENTION TONIGHT AFTER SCHOOL, YOUR PARENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED AS WELL!" Mrs Fartbag turns and stomps away.

"KATE!" I squeal at her.

"OMG I actually can't believe I said that! It just kind of....you know.....slipped out?"

"How can that slip out when you are talking to MRS FARTBAG?!" I argue.

"I'm sorry! She was being so hard on you, I just wanted to put her in her place a little bit!" She explains.

"Don't worry, that was actually quite funny! What a show!" I laugh.

"I bet the whole school heard that little outburst!" Kate laughs.

"It sucks that we aren't in the same class, and we have different lunch breaks, so we can't be heroes together!" I exclaim.

"I know right! Sooooo annoying!" She moans.

"Okay then, see you in detention tonight!" I answer, before going to my locker to put my stuff away.

What a morning!

A/N

I haven't done one of these is ages sorry!

This chapter is dedicated to @5sos4lifeholly because she left the nicest comment ever on my last chapter!

Comments make me smile, so if you can, please comment? Love you all!

Eliza xx