unthawed love

Buttercup woke up to find strong arms wrapped around her waist she slipped out of them to see her dragonic husband fast asleep she had a small smile untill butch said something.

Joji why are you up so early".

She had to admit his mourning voice was sexy even though she would never say it out loud .

"I'm hungry".

He sighed tiredly

"You want me to make breakfast?

She nodded .

"Ok I'm up".

He stretched and got up exposing his bare chest making her blush they went down to the kitchen an prepared them selves breakfast peacefully until she threw flower at him for being a pervert so in return he smeared pancake mix on her cheek an they ran around the island counter before he trapped her in-between his arms an the counter they stared into each other eyes and butch leaned in and for one so did buttercup and they shared a loving passionate first kiss breaking away panting  untill butch sniffed the air.

"Is something burning?

"The eggs!

She rushed over and put the burning food under the cold water as butch prepared more but they stayed in silence thinking about their moment

Buttercup's eyes snapped open and she gasped for air. The sun was just barely beginning to rise from the horizon, but her heart banged against her chest like a war drum. She stared out the window of her room. Once they returned from their trip, Butch let her return to her own room while he slept in his. Another attempt to show her that she had nothing to fear from him regarding their relationship. Bliss had latched onto her the moment they returned and demanded that she let her sleep over like she promised.

Case in point, the little dragoness was asleep on her bed, snuggled into her side and snoring away quietly. Buttercup gulped, her lips and throat dry. She had never had such a nightmare before. She had dreamed of darkness and a sickening shadow that filled her senses with rot and disease. She fingered the scars on her abdomen, shivering at the memory of being ripped open by that beast. She was distracted previously by all the things concerning the wedding and Butch and the story behind Reina and all. But now, there was no looming ceremony on the horizon and Butch was no longer keeping secrets, answering questions of his past over breakfast. Buttercup's mind was now free to go over everything that happened to her so far and that meant running into memories of the basilisk.

It's putrid breathe and gaze were the only things that she remembered the most clearly as everything else was buried beneath a haze of pain.

Buttercup still shivered at the thought of it. Is this what it was like, fighting within a real battle? Would she freeze under that creature's gaze again, not from it's putrefying power, but from fear? Buttercup grit her teeth, she couldn't stand this feeling. She couldn't stand feeling helpless, even against monsters. Suddenly, an idea popped in her head. "I got it!"

"Ehhhhhh?" Buttercup covered her mouth at Bliss's whine as the dragoness rubbed her eyes and glared at Buttercup, "Big Sister, it's too early..."

"Actually, it'll be breakfast time in an a bit. And you have to go get ready."

"We need to have breakfast in the afternoon, then." Buttercup laughed before she roused Tar at the end of the bed and got ready. Bliss wasn't the only one who was going to be shocked this morning, she thought. A promise that was made good on when she and Bliss were finishing breakfast an hour and a half later with Butch. He was staring at her, tea cup spilling out his green tea as Bliss eyed her in shock, their irises thin like blades of grass as they mentally processed her "request".