032 | yukie shirofuku

─────────────────────────

;; a man who lives by the sea, had always dreamt of one day catching a real mermaid or merman. they've been a mythological mystery for thousands of years.

many claim to see one but never have proof in hand. ever since he heard these stories, he's been wanting to see one himself, and maybe catch one if he's lucky enough.

he sat on the edge his raft, with his feet in the water. with his fishing rod in his hands, hinata only sat in complete silence, other than the sounds of water and seagulls.

his first mistake was avoided contact with the water. hinata was caught by surprise when a slimy scaly... hand? grabbed him by the foot. pulling him into the water, he shut his eyes.

the hand pulled him further deep into the sea, from the colors of his eyelids, hinata could tell that he was far far away from the surface. and his body temperature become cold, absolutely freezing. it terrified him.

he prayed for his safety, and accepted his fate. the hand stopped pulling him, and it let him go. before his last moments of living, hinata's eyes shot open to see a scaly, distorted, dark face staring back at him.

the figure held their head against hinata's, he was slowly losing his breathe. the mermaid smiled when she saw bubbles forming from hinata's mouth, floating up to the surface.

he was confirmed dead, now yukie could keep his cold body and love him forever, deep in the sea. ❧

─────────────────────────

@soberrup