070 | sakishima isumi

─────────────────────────

;; sakishima had found volleyball enjoyable at one point of his life. his first two years in highschool was the highlight of his life. he would never put anything above his team, he cherished them as they did him.

but right before his eyes, the light that he felt when playing volleyball was slowly crumbling and twisting inside his heart.

it was turning black and cold. that was how he felt when he stepped onto the floors of nationals. empty. nothing was there.

it took one second for him to feel his heart beating again. faster than ever, no longer the black color and coldness displayed, only white and comforting warmth.

a little boy, he oddly enough stood out from the rest of the crowd. and it wasn't because of his screeching loud voice, cute was the perfect to describe it anyway. but no, it was that shade of orange that poked your eyes.

it was like seeing the gates of heaven but instead of that blinding white, it was orange.

turns out this young boy was a fan of his team. as if it wasn't obvious from his constant screaming which annoyed the elders in the stadium.

"you really like my team?" he smiles at the child. "mhm! you guys are so cool! i wanna pay volleyball when i grow up!" the boy happily says. his mother beside him gently smiles and turns to sakishima.

"can you watch my boy for a minute? i have to use the restroom?" she asks. something sparks in sakishima's mind. "of course, i'll look after him. don't worry"

the woman bows and sprints to the nearest restroom. sakishima now focuses on the boy clinging to his leg. he bends down and places a finger on his lips. "follow me and don't make a sound"

the ginger boy responses quickly and nods. sakishima guides him to the boys bathroom, finds the farthest stall and locks the door. the third year places the kid on his lap, he could only feel pity for this unfortunate child who was oblivious.

"let's play a game shōyō"

"hm?"

"close your eyes and don't make a sound okay?" sakishima whispers.

"okay!"

"good boy" ❧

─────────────────────────

@koumilke