16

Amina processed the events for a bit, the amount of confusion only faded when she realized she had a scheduled date with Seungcheol.

She scurried around her room to distract herself from past events as she secretly looked forward to what she was doing today.

Amina settled in a simple dress and flats. Since she had received a text from him earlier, she expected him to knock on her door at any moment.

In just a few minutes, Amina heard a knock. She quickly grabbed her purse and scurried her way towards the door with a huge smile.

"Good Morning!" Amina greeted him with a smile. She momentarily adored his whole look before looking back at him.

"You look as lovely as ever, Amina" Seungcheol offered his hand with a sweet smile. 

"We'll see about that" She teased. Seungcheol had been too formal and she knew he had hidden something about him that's more sinister.

She was willing to take it all out of him.

-

"..So, is it okay?" Seungcheol held on to the horse's reins as he watched Amina stare at the animal surprisingly.

"I've never seen a horse that big" Amina approached and attempted to pat the horse. It was surprisingly docile for such a huge horse.

"They're hybrids of a horse and a pegasus" Seungcheol smiled as he gently tugged Amina to him.

"Here, let me carry you" Before Amina could agree, she felt warm palms against the fabric of her dress.

She got lifted up to sit on the horse, before he followed to sit behind her. The feeling of his body warmth was very comforting.

Amina found herself slightly leaning on to him, as she felt him chuckle and welcome her initiative when he wrapped one arm around her waist.

As they started their journey, the path was surprisingly quiet and peaceful. No single person was at sight and the scenery was beyond beautiful.

"Are you sure that a date to the village is enough?" Seungcheol had a tone of worry lingering in his question.

Amina didn't mind at all. Rather, she would be more than willing if they spent their time doing bed activities instead. So this date is already enough for her.

"Well, what more can you offer me?" Amina looked back to face him with a suggestive smile plastered on her face.

"We'll see on our way back" Seungcheol winked, and stole a kiss on her forehead. She immediately looked back ahead out of embarrassment due to his sudden actions.

After a couple of minutes, they found a village nearing them. It was simple and cozy, and everyone seemed to get along very well.

"We're here! Let me help you" Seungcheol hopped down and looked up to her with a smile. He grabbed her and gently settled her on the ground.

"Thank you" The village was bustling and they looked lively. There were stalls everywhere, little kids playing around, and small groups of adults talking among themselves.

"I knew this would be worth it!" Amina lived her years facing buildings, devices, and technology. Everything in front of her now felt refreshing.

As they walked around, Seungcheol treated her to various delicacies famous in the village. Amina enjoyed her time a lot and the two have gotten very close.

Pondering over the thought, Seuncheol leaned down and took a big bite from her own stick filled with fishcake.

Amina looked at him with an offended expression as she playfully walked ahead of him.

"How could you-" As she walked, she looked back at him to start ranting about getting her own food.

It was shortly interrupted when Amina bumped into someone in front of her, tackling the other person on the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" When Amina looked at the man's eyes, she gasped.

Those familiar yellow eyes, it was from her night with Joshua. She only got back to reality when his eyes returned to a dark brown color.