Chapter 22- Pathetic

Third person-default
Haneul pov- italic

I had watched y/n when she was bullied. She looked so pathetic, her eyes lost life, her head always down, getting laughed. I pity her but I was glad that I wasn't her. I guess that made me lucky.

Not until he approached her like a movie, making her feel better again, protecting her at any cost. Which resulted me as a substitute.

"Ya!" A girl with a blonde hair pushed Haneul, hitting on the wall. "You stepped on my f*uking shoe!"

"I-i'm s-sorry." Haneul stuttered, her head down and her hands trembling.

"Ya!" Blondie's pupil with short black hair pushed her again. "Do you think your apology is enough?"

Haneul didn't dare to speak up.

"Why aren't you answering?!" Another pupil with red wine hair hit Haneul's head.

"Ya..." The blondie reached her hand out. "You should repay me with money. Give me all your money you have right now."

"I-I...don't have." Haneul said.

"Give me when I am being nice." Blondie said.

Haneul didn't reply.

"Ya!" Blondie pulled Haneul's hair making her look up at her. "You ugly piece of shit!" She slapped her right cross her face and pushed her making her fall down on the ground. And they started kicking her, Haneul yelled in pain. They continued until they were satisfied, took her money and left her alone.

The things y/n once gone through became my everyday routine. The days I once had was long gone. My days became miserable. Everyday I heavily walked school.

I watched y/n and she was no longer bullied. She had no longer that pathetic look and those eyes anymore. Her life became much more better after he came into her life. She was surrounded by those boys. I once pitied her but now I envied her and despised her alot. If it wasn't for her, I might have been in her place.

So I pretended to be her friend and to distance her from them.

Haneul hugged her stomach, walking while taking support from wall. She entered stood in front of the class door. She looked at y/n laughing with the boys.

She clenched her teeth. She walked towards them.

"I want to see the stars."

"Oh the stars at night is so pretty."

"Y/n. Our class teacher is calling you." I lied.

If I take her place, I don't have to go through those things again was what I thought.

Haneul looked at y/n in front of her, torching the way into the forest. She walked slower and when the distance was long, she quietly left y/n by herself. Haneul quickly made her way out, the wound she got, pained each time she moved.

By the time she reached the camp site where everyone was waiting for their arrival, the rain started to fall. She breathe heavily trying to look anxious and she held her leg which was hurt.
Everyone looked confused seeing only
Haneul return.

Heeseung came running towards her. "Where is y/n?" He asked, looking behind her and back at her.

"I-I...got badly hurt." She said.

"Where is y/n?!" Heeseung exclaimed, haneul finched. "we g-got separated after that I came back here thinking that y/n might have returned."

"What?? And you left her in the forest?! How could you?" Heeseung shouted.
"I.." haneul looked down, she clenched her fist.

But they didn't even glanced at me.

Currently~
The girls laughed, kicking Haneul and pouring water over her. She as always stayed quiet and her head down.

My stomach was paining and I felt cold as wind blew. I was here again, same place, same people and same emotion running through me. At the corner of my eyes, I saw y/n hiding behind the wall witnessing all of these. I chuckled.

"Did you laugh?" Blondie said. "You b*tch!" They started to kick her again.

Y/n might be enjoying seeing these. Is she laughing at me? I-I...f*ck. It's hurts.

"What are y'all doing here?!" The teacher shouted, glaring at the three girls.

They were startled and frightened. "Sir...w-we were just playing." Blondie said, backing away.

"Do you think I am blind?!" Sir shouted. "Come with me!"

Did she called the teacher? Tsk. I laughed. I laughed at myself. So pathetic.

_______

"If I see you three bullying Haneul again, I will suspend you." The school principal said. "Bring your parent tomorrow."

The three girls stood up, their heads down and about to cry.

Haneul was send to back to her class. She walked towards her class, the hall was empty. She looked up when she saw a familiar figure from a distance. She ran towards her and pulled her around.

"Why did you call the teacher?" She said. "Did you pity me because I was being bullied? Why did you help me? Huh? Do you want me to be grateful to you? Do I look so pathetic to you?! Why did you?!"

Y/n had her face unamused. "I did what was supposed to be done." She said, and walked away.

I stood there looking as she walked away. And I felt someone's presence beside me.

"When I found her in the woods, the first thing she asked was you." Heeseung said, his gaze upon y/n. Before he left, he gave a glance at Haneul.

Haneul walked behind the wall and rested her back on the wall, she covered her face as her tears started to roll down her cheeks. So pathetic. I am so pathetic.

_______

A/n: sorry for late update heh😅