Chapter 30- It's For Better

You stood in front of the bathroom mirror, as you stared at your reflection, or more specifically at your puffy eyes and messy hair. You clenched the edge of sink tight, as you remember about last night. Thoughts of him still wandering in your head which made your heart ach everytime.

You slowly unclenched one of your hands from the sink and brushed your eyes with tip of your fingers. I am always crying in front of him. So embarrassing. You sighed and averted your gaze from mirror. You placed your hands under the running water and splashed it on your face as you stood alone in the dimly lit bathroom.

You decided to skip the breakfast, picked your bag and key, put your shoes on and stood in front of the door. You reached your hand out to turn the knob but stopped right on track, you shut your eyes before sighing. Put together yourself, y/n. You said in your mind and opened the door, greeted by warm sunlight. Just then, you heard click sound of door open and he appeared right after. He caught your eyes and both of you stared at each other.

All kinds of feelings curled inside your stomach and your heart stung seeing him. You broke the eye contact and looked away at nothing.

I don't why the school had to make us do the work? We had to prepare the festival events and after that we have to clean up too. It's Saturday! Can't we get a break already? Special in this crucial moment? You sighed, cursing the school about the whole situation.

Both of you walked in silence almost the half way before Heeseung spoke up. " y/n, about yesterday.."

"Heeseung." You spoke in the serious voice as possible and turned to face him. "Let's not talk about it." You said it. You had no choice but to act salty and cold. His face soften as he stared into your eyes. You knew that if you stared longer into his eyes, you would fall even deeper so you broke the eye contact and walked again with your heavy heart.

"And..." You stopped on your feet and turned slightly to your left. "We can go to school separately if you are uncomfortable with me."

With that you walked away and didn't even try to turn back leaving Heeseung with his heart stabbed. He wanted to say he don't want that. He wanted scream out loud that he had no choice but to hurt you. He wanted to say it all but he couldn't. Yet again he stepped back. It's for better.

You opened the classroom door and weirdly your friends had gathered in a group early in the morning. They turned their attention up to you and weirdly waved you. "Oh y/n. Good morning." Ho-rang awkwardly grinned. You knew the reason why. It's probably because of yesterday. You made your way to your seat and placed your stuffs.

"Heeseung, good morning." Jay said, which halt your hands and went back to shoveling your hands inside your bag.

Heeseung greeted others and glanced at you before walking to his seat which is beside you. He placed his bag on the table and sat down.

The awkwardness filled the air before Sunoo decided to break the ice. "Ya...both of you dumped us yesterday night. Where did you go?"

Heeseung and you stopped whatever you were doing. Jay quickly hit Sunoo's tummy. "What?" He whispered, the older one raised his eyebrows and the others had the same reaction. Realization hit him hard and he looked sorry.

"Something came up so I had to go home early. I went straight home alone." You said nonchalantly, you felt gaze from Heeseung but you ignored it. They glanced at each other before they changed the topic. "I heard that we will get free food today." Jungwon said, lighting up the mood.

"I hope they gave us bungeoppang." Ni-ki said, craving his favorite snack.

"I don't think they will." Jake chuckled at pouting Ni-ki. "I will buy you one later." Ni-ki's eyes sparkled in bliss as he threw his hands in the air.