Chapter 26- Different kind of 'Like'

I..really like you." I blurted out without thinking.

When the realization hit me, a deep shade of gradient color of red and pink painted itself on my cheeks as I felt my cheeks burn.

I saw him taken back, his eyebrows raised up. His cheeks painted itself in red and he opened his mouth to speak. "I like you too." He smiled, my heart raced even more harder and my cheeks burned even more hotter, I pursed my lips to prevent my lips to smile.

"I like the guys too." He added, which made my heart drop and my smile faded. "I never knew that I would find myself smiling and laughing. I'm glad that I had this opportunity." He said, his voice sounded genuine and sincere.

"I.." I tried to speak when Heeseung's weight fell over me. I held him in my arms. "Heeseung?" I called him, but he didn't reply.

I quickly took him inside his room mostly dragged, tried hard to lift him and laid him down on his bed. I placed my hand on his forehead and felt his face burning up. "He has a fever." I said under my breathe. "You stood long in the rain, idiot!" I said, looking at the figure laying down in the bed as he sweats alot.

I went to the kitchen, grabbed a clean bowl filled with water and towel. I dripped the towel into the water and placed it over his forehead, changed it and repeated for several times.

FOR ABOUT 4 HOURS, of doing the same steps, his fever came down. I placed my hand on his temple and other on mine and somehow the fever went down. I sighed in relief.

I went to the kitchen to make some porridge, remembering my mother making it when i was sick.

While I was cooking, I couldn't help but think about my confession as Heeseung's reply flash into my mind. 'I like you too. I like the guys too.' I groaned and ruffled my hair. My heart ached a bit, it was a rejection after all.

Then my mind flashed of Heeseung's cold and intimating eyes and his hurt eyes looking at those couple. 'I never knew that I would find myself smiling and laughing. I'm glad that I had this opportunity.' What does it mean? Does he know know those couple?
What's his connection with them? My thoughts wandered, I had a bad feeling about that. My thoughts was interrupted by the boiling porridge.

I quickly poured it into the bowl and walked my way through the room. I placed it on my the table beside the bed. "Heeseung-ah?" I called him awake. I watched him slowly open his eyes.

"What happened?" He asked, as I helped him sit up straight.

"You had a fever so you fainted." I replied. "Here I made some porridge." I handed him the bowl.

"Sorry for being a nuisance." He said, holding the bowl.

"No, you aren't. This is nothing compared to things you did for me." I said, with a small smile. "Eat all."

He nodded. The room was enveloped with silence. After he finished all, I took the empty bowl and placed it on the table.

"About earlier..." I spoke, his eyes averted to his lap.

"I can't tell you." He said, his hands together.

"Umm." I nodded. He can't trust me after all this time. "I will get going now." I said, standing up while he followed my movement.

"Thank you and sleep well." He said with a smile.

I nodded and made my way through my room. I closed the door behind my back and rested my back on it, sliding down to the floor. I kept my head down and my heart still aching.

_____

The next day, the afternoon sun bathed the buildings in its warm light.
Tiny specks of dust seemed to dance in the shaft of afternoon sunlight that slanted through the window for i was watching out from the window.