Chapter 51

The next day I got ready for my graduation day. I got ready with Lizzie at her place again. I'm wearing my Bodycon white dress which will be under my graduation gown anyway.

After 4 years of high school I watched my friend Alicia gave her valedictorian speech. I knew she was smart but I never thought she was number one. She's definitely must of plan on going to an Ivy League school. I get to cross the stage and shake hands with the principal and the school district superintendent to get a piece of paper. It kinda sounds lame the way I put it but that's kinda how it goes.

I can hear my whole family clapping for me, including some of the people I've met the past four years. To be honest it does feel kinda nice.

After we've all crossed the stage most kids end up throwing the caps into the air. Lizzie came running towards me to give me her happy hug. Then my family walks towards us. Chris and Daniel are here including Violet which I knew she would show up.

"You two did it!" My mom says hugging us both then take a picture of us. She handed me the bouquet of flowers. Everyone congratulated me after.

"Congrats Lizzie." Lizzie's mom came and gave her a hug this time. It's actually been pretty long since I've last them both together. She's always working. She gave Lizzie the bouquet of flowers she brought for her.

"Thanks mom." Lizzie says.

"Congrats Jade, it's exciting to see you both graduate at the same time." Lizzie mom tell me.

"Thank you." I tell her taken in her compliment.

"Where's dad?" Lizzie asked. Lizzie's mom mom faked a smile like she doesn't want to answer that question.

"Here I am, and congrats sweetheart." Lizzie's dad came running to hug her. I can see she's rolling her eyes out seeing him here.

"You're late," she tells him like she's so annoyed his here.

"No I wasn't, I was trying to find my daughter through these crowds of people." Lizzie dad answered.

"Right." She says again all sarcastic. I get that they are divorce but they still hate each other.

"Lizzie and Jade I was thinking we go out for today for lunch and everyone else can come with. It would be nice to bring everyone together." Lizzie dad says.

"I already got that covered, I made reservations for all of us to go eat." Lizzie's mom says.

Lizzie dad sigh like she just beat him to his own games.
If they need a reservation to eat a certain place it must be an expensive one.

"You know it would be nice if you let me in a little on what you do?"

"It would be nice a little if you could come with better ways to do things for Lizzie." She says.

"I wished you could of listened to your own advice."

"Could you guys not fight for today please." Lizzie interrupted their argument. I kinda feel bad for Lizzie bad for Lizzie with the way her mom and dad acting right now.

"Hey Jade and Lizzie!"

Lizzie and I turned around to see who says that. It turned out to be Alicia holding a bouquet of flowers in her hands also.

"Hey Alicia, miss valedictorian!" Lizzie says greeting her.

"Thanks you two," she laughed.

"This is my mom by the way, I wanted to ask if you'd like to take a picture with me." She asked us. Aw I would do anything to be in a picture with Alicia. She's one of the nicest people at school.