4🍂

It had been two weeks since Renjun moved into the hospital. Things had been quite slow for Renjun. Days passing by like a sloth.

He spent most of his day scribbling one thing or another on his drawing book.

His body becoming weaker and weaker day by day. But he didn't mind them. He went on trying his best to radiate a positive vibe.

Do-yeon on the other hand looked like a lost soul searching for her ray of hope. Days went by as her eyes bags became more prominent.

Not being able to sleep all night. A sharp sensation constantly hitting her head. Throwing up all the contents the minute she finished eating. Days were really turning hard for her.

"Do-yeon-na medicine" Ms. Choi called out, entering the room with her trolly. Renjun gave her a small smile then continued his work.

Do-yeon didn't really pay any attention to the nurses voice. Staring out the window. Eyes fixed on the leaves moving in sync with the wind. Opening her mouth for the liquid as it made its way down her throat.

Bitterness hitting her mouth but she was used to this. Not giving ms.choi a glance as she continued looking out. Ms. Choi left out a sigh as she looked at the kid with pity eyes.

Pushing her trolly back as she made her way past her bed. "Ms.choi" Renjun called out. Her head turning towards him.

"What's wrong with her??" He asked. He was curious indeed. Seeing her once bright eyes turning soul less. Not bickering with him nor talking back to him.

The room felt empty even with her presence. Almost like she was not even existing. She had become more silent. Opening her mouth only for the medicine and only when she felt discomfort.

"Why is she like this??" He asked, looking into the nurses eyes for an answer. "You both are affected with the same disease. Pancreatic cancer. But she is just being diagnosed with a variation.

We aren't confirmed of the varient yet. And a way to find the varient.. it's impossible ." The nurse stopped for a second. "But she can survive??" Renjun asked as she nodded her head. "Yup but with a surgery" "Then why isn't she doing it??" "She keeps denying it i don't know why" the nurse said looking at the girl sitting on the bed.

"Maybe cause even if she lives she is scared that her life would go back to those days" she said. "Which days??" Renjun asked, the nurses body stiffening. He felt it was wrong to go deep into her life but he was curious.

"MS.CHOI!!" A voice called out. Ms Choi excused herself as she left the room. Leaving a answer-less Renjun.

He turned his head to see a girl lost in a trance. Her eyes pleading to save her. Face showing no emotions as she stared at those trees far away in the beach.

He sighed as he looked at the drawing he drew. A small smile drawn upon his face on looking at it. I hope to see you smile like this one day.

--------

"How is his condition doctor??" Scanning the boys x-ray as he pointed at the spread. White continuous dots filled everywhere covering a lot of space.

"It's pretty same. It hasn't spread much than the last time. It has slowed down. So as of now it's the same" the doctor said.

"There is no way to save him??" His father asked once more. He wanted nothing more than to see his son laughing and walking down the hill with his friends on his way to school.

"As I told before a surgery is too dangerous. We can lose him" the doctor said as the parents sighed in defeat. Nodding their head as they thanked them.

Staying with their son for a few more hours after which they bid their goodbyes.

He entered his room to see her already asleep on her bed. Not disturbing her, he switched off the lights. Silently falling onto his bed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
🍂

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°🍂