23

Joe's POV

That next morning I woke up early and let Demi sleep in a little. I went downstairs and saw my brother in the kitchen, "good morning, bro-bro." I poured myself some OJ.

"Good morning, bro," Kevin sipped his coffee, staring at me, "where's the wanna-be-princess?"

That comment caught me off guard, "what?" Was Demi right about him?

Kevin chuckled, "just kidding, dude."

"No," I put my glass down, "if you don't like her, just say it."

Kevin glanced at Danielle then at me, "it's not that I don't like her. But what regular girl would like you? You're a prince. It's hard to believe a girl could talk you into seeing me, a former prince who lives in Alaska."

"What the fuck..."

"Dude, the children." Kevin glared.

"I haven't seen you in years and you cause this shit?" I stood up from the stool, "you should realize that she likes me for me because she got me to come to Alaska."

"Don't overdramatize it, dude. It's a girl. I'm your brother."

"That girl?! THAT girl makes me feel alive again. I could possibly love her. She shows me more respect than anyone has ever. I can't believe you would say that" I scoffed, "Here she told me how rude you were to her last night and I stuck up for you. God. I'm out."

"Joseph! Where are you gonna go!? It's Alaska!" Kevin yelled out but I turned around the corner and saw Demi standing there. Did she hear it all?

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." I stomped to our bedroom and we quickly packed.

"Are you sure you want this?" Demi played with her fingers, nervously.

"I'm not staying at a house that isn't welcoming to someone I care about. Let's go." We just ended up throwing everything in our suitcases. We went downstairs with our suitcases in our pajamas still.

"You're being ridiculous." Kevin snarled.

"Whatever, brother. If you want to continue this ridiculousness. We're staying at the Alyeska resort." I took her hand and we got in our car. 

Jim got our luggage in the car while we got in. On the way to the resort, I was calling to get us the room. Demi took my empty hand and held it. I wasn't going to waste Demi's time off going back to the US. I figured we can just stay here and do our thing.

"I got us the royal suite since I'm a royal after all." I grinned at my girl.

..

We got to our room and when I opened the door, Demi's mouth literally fell to the ground. "Oh my god! The view!" she ran and looked at the mountain view we had.

"Kevin may be right... I may be using you for your royalty power," she grinned.

"Hey!" I threw a pillow at her, chuckling.

She giggled as she collapsed on me, kissing my lips.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you... I didn't expect my brother to treat you like that... what can I do for you to forgive me?" I ran my hands through her hair.

"Give me breakfast because I'm fucking starving." she grinned, rubbing my arm that's close to her face.

"Oh fuck, let's go!" we left our room to go downstairs to get some breakfast from the dining area. 

We sat down in the dining room, eating our breakfast and of course, people were taking pictures of us. Did we care? Nope.

Demi started laughing, "we're still in our pajamas!" she blushed.