18

Demi;

"Look," I said, pausing the music, trying to catch my breath from the dancing, "I don't think I'm, coordinated enough... I can't dance..."

"Well, you'll have to. It's a ball," Selena giggled.

"Does Joe know that I'm invited?" I took a sip of my water.

Selena shook her head, "no and I actually want to talk to you about that...," she snickered.

"What now?... He's going with someone else? If so, I'm not doing this." I crossed my arms.

"Calm down," Selena giggled at me again, "he has plans on going with Sophie, which he always does. Sophie does not mind if you swoop in and take Joe. They're just friends. My plan is this cinderella type of ordeal. You walk in while everyone is dancing and surprise him. He'd be thrilled."

"Cinderella? Really? That's kind of corny," I huffed.

"You really need to lighten up. It's cute. I don't care if it's 'corny'. He'd be so thrilled and overjoyed." 

I sighed, "okay, how are we going to hide this?" 

"Like we are now? I haven't told Nick. Nick tells Joe ANYTHING," Selena blushed just by saying Nick's name, "I have everything plan. To the dance, to the hair and makeup, and the dress!"

"The dress? Do I have a say or is it baby pink with glitter? OR," I started laughing, "is it light blue with glass slippers?!" I threw my head back laughing.

"I like how you have jokes. You and Joe are perfect on the joke aisle," Selena chuckled, "but no they're not any of those things you've mentioned. They're all beautiful and you get to pick."

"Sweet!" I grinned, trying not to laugh, "between Snow White, Belle, and Cinderella right?"

Selena gave me a look.

"I'm kidding! Let's get this dance practice over with!" I turned the music back on and went back to practicing ballroom dancing.

..

"See you in two days!" the instructor said. Selena and I walked out to our cars.

"You want some coffee? On me." Selena got in her car door.

"Sure! I'll follow you there!" I got in my car and followed her to the nearest Starbucks.

We got out of our cars and walked inside when we arrived at Starbucks. Camera people were going crazy.

"Don't worry, I'm buying," Selena got her wallet out. It was weird to not call her Princess Selena.

"No, you don't have to," I giggled, getting my card out.

"No," Selena laughed right back, "I'm paying. It'll be my other apology." 

I sighed, "fine!"

We sat down and enjoyed each other's company. I think I was getting close to the Princess. We could be friends...

Joe:

I was laying on my bed, looking up reviews about my speech. I was self-conscious about it and I don't know why. I guess because it was my first speech after not speaking in events for a long time. 

I kept watching people talk about my speech and it was actually good reviews.

'PRINCESS SELENA HANGS OUT WITH THE GIRL' I read an article. I was confused. I clicked on the article and read it.

"What the fuck?!" I said out loud, why was Selena hanging out with Demi? 

I put my laptop down and went to Nick's room, "why is Selena hanging out with Demi?"

"Selena is hanging out with Demi?" Nick chuckled.

"You don't know?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Huh...," I went back to my room, I knew something was fishy. Selena wouldn't just hang out with Demi. 

I got up and went back to Nick, "you're going to tell me what is going on. I command you!" I pointed my finger at him.

"Look," Nick groaned, "I'm serious! I don't know why Selena is hanging out with Demi! I just know Selena apologized to her at the event and I guess they made up! I guess they're becoming best friends!"

I chuckled, "if Demi doesn't want to date a prince, I'd say she doesn't want to be best friends to a princess."

"Joseph, she adored you....it's just the circumstance..." Nick gave me a pat on the shoulder.

"Yet, I'm called a player because I don't want any girl to settle down for this shit," I sighed, "I'm going to Sophie's." I left his room, grabbed my keys, and went to my car.

I got to Sophie's and got myself inside, I had an extra key, "Soph!" I walked in on her trying on dresses.

I checked her out, "please say that's the dress. It's hot." I licked my lips.

Sophie laughed, "it's the dress... you think it's okay for the ball?" she bit her lip.

"Yeah... maybe make the slit not as long... oh and make sure it's easy to take off," I winked at her.

"Joe, we gotta talk," Sophie stepped off the little platform, she sits down next to me, "I found someone..."

"Of course you did. Everyone has, except me. So you don't want to go to the ball with me I guess?" 

She put her hand over mine, "you'll find someone, Joe. It's just time for us little fling to end. I promised you that I'll be your date, so I'm sticking to my promise... but as friends."

I went silent for a minute, "friends," I stood up, "well I'm going to let you finish... I'll catch you later. Tell me about him some time." I left her house and just went home and I saw Selena walk in.

"Hey!," I parked my car and rushed to her.

"Hey, Joe," Selena grinned.

"What were you doing with Demi?" I followed her upstairs.

"Um... I apologized to her and you see, she's so sweet...we hung out and now we're friends." Selena went to her bedroom.

"So she can be friends with you, a princess, and not me?" I asked, sighing out loud.

Selena stared at me, "I'm sorry, Joseph...," she shut the door in my face.

What was wrong with me?

________________________________

Sorry for the long hiatus! I actually had some of this written and I just got busy :\

It's about to get good I promise.

xoxo