17

Demi;

Princess Selena found a quiet room for us to speak. I don't know what she wanted and I don't know why I said yes to her request to speak. The press is gonna enjoy this.

"I'm sorry, Demi!" Selena whined, she looked very upset.

"For what?" I sat down in a chair.

"I didn't mean what I said... I knew what I said made you call it off with Joe...," she fidgeted with her fingers, "I know I vented but I didn't mean it. I wouldn't give it up, not since I love Nick."

"I dunno, you felt pretty stern. That's the difference between you and I. You're in love. I'm not in love with him...yet."

Selena sighed, "I'm very protected of Joe. I've seen him get hurt a lot by girls but I've also seen girls play him just to see the Royals and experience the royal life and finding out that you're a writer for a magazine does not help my speculations."

"I understand. I really liked Joe. We weren't supposed to meet but we luckily did. He understands me and I understand him. If I was to sabotage him, I would have already. He told many private things. I'm not here to hurt him, Selena.... but that life is too much for me..."

"I'm sorry... we're having The Royal Caledonian Ball is coming up... I think it would be so cute if you would come and surprise Joe... I'll make sure the King and Queen will know."

"I'm going to pass," I got up from my seat, "I've gotten a lot of press and I don't want it. Joe and I are just different people... it wouldn't even work."

"Alright, I understand," She looked disappointed, "if you changed your mind, here's my number." she wrote her number down on a loose napkin and gave it to me.

I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to change my mind but I took it to be nice. We said our goodbyes and I finally got in my car and drove home. I did think about what Selena said. I got home and threw my purse on the table by the door. 

"Hailz?!" I went upstairs and went to my bedroom. I changed into some sweats.

I went to Hailey's bedroom and saw her lying in bed. "What's wrong? How did the interview go?"

"It went good," she sat up, "they wanted me!..."

"And so when do you start?!" I was happy for her.

"I don't. I found out that Ariana was the one who was spilling the news about Prince Joe and you. I wasn't going to work for a company like that."

"Wait what?" I was caught off guard.

"They asked me if I would be comfortable getting news from my best friend, you, like Ariana, is. If you think about it.., you'd tell Ari something and she'd be on the phone. The mag would be out saying what you said!"

"Son of a bitch..."

"Ariana is a snake, Demi. I'm so upset about it. She ruined a relationship before it was a relationship!"

"I told her something today...I'm going to pop up at her work tomorrow." I snickered.

The next day, I had to get ready for work. Hailey was going to try to apply to other magazines today. I drove myself to Vogue and I walked in and showed my badge. The guy was so stupid he let me in. I went upstairs in the elevator.

"Can we help you?" a lady stopped me.

"Ariana Grande?"

The lady pointed. Of course, Ari got her own office but it was also good for me. "Thanks." I headed to her office. I quietly shut the door behind me.