13

Demi:

"Joseph...," the voice was stern and I was nervous to know who it was. I felt humiliated since I look gross and I was kissing the prince outside the mansion.

I watched as Joe turned around and met eyes with his parents. I let go of his hand and turned around to face them.

"Hey King and Queen...," Joe nodded his head, "this is my girlfriend...Demetria. Demetria, meet my parents... King and Queen of the States." Joe's posture changed. It was stiff.

"Hi, so--oh," I curtseyed to them.

"Nice to meet you too. Joseph, bring her in to get her clothes clean. Princess Selena with escort you to her closet," the Queen walked to the door.

"And you should know better not to wash a girl outside," The King gave Joe a stern look then glared at me. He walked inside with the Queen.

"I think I'm just going to go..." I pointed to the road.

"It's too late... you have to go inside and clean up. It's a bad rep if you don't. Princess Selena!" Joe called Selena over.

"Hi!" She gave me a genuine smile, "how may I help?"

"The Queen wants you to give Demetria some clothes while I wash her new ones

"The Queen wants you to give Demetria some clothes while I wash her new ones..." Joe nodded her head. Selena agreed. 

"Alright, Demetria, follow me," she grinned and I followed her inside.

The palace was huge! The staff stared at me like I was some alien. I was absolutely embarrassed. I wanted to puke.

We entered her bedroom. "Sorry, it's dirty. The maid is having some difficulties," Selena giggled. 

"Take those nasty clothes off while I find you some clothes," Selena disappeared into her clothes. 

I took off my muddy, wet clothes and waited on her to give me clothes. 

"Here you go," Selena handed me a pair of pants and a redshirt.

"Thanks," I slipped on the dry clothes. 

She took my clothes and handed them to Joe who was outside the door.

Selena shut and locked the door, "what are you doing with him?"

"What do you mean?" I questioned her.

"Are you just with him for the royalty power or do you really like him? I need to know," she sat on the bed, staring at me.

"I really like him, Selena--Queen Selena."

"You're making a mistake... I wish I could go back and be normal like you. You don't want to be a Princess. You don't want to be with the royals. Back out while you can...," Selena sighed,

"I... gotta go..." I unlocked her door and went downstairs.

"I wanna go home," I whispered to Joe.