1

August 12, 2038;

"Demetria! I want those papers on my desk before 5 o'clock!" my mean boss yelled at me while she was passing my office cubicle. 

I work for Vogue magazine. It's a 9 to 5 job and it pays wells but the people suck here. The boss is an absolute asshole. I wish I could leave but I have nothing else I would want to do other than talking about fashion, sex, and celebrities. 

I got up from my chair and went to the breakroom to get me more coffee. "Mrs. Bublock still on your ass?" my only friend in this entire place, Miley, asked me.

I chuckled, "So far up my ass that she should just fuck me already," I joked as I sipped my coffee.

She laughed out.

"I can hook you up with a guy if you're ready for a relationship," she stirred her coffee

I shook my head, "I'll let you know when I'm ready, which won't be anytime soon," I chuckled and went back to my cubicle. 

I wasn't ready to date. I just got out of a long-term relationship, I mean it's been a few months, but I just wasn't ready to put myself out there. I decided to concentrate on something more important, my job. 

It was now 2:00 pm and I was working hard to get these articles onto my boss's desk. 

"Girl, girl!" Miley rushed to my cubicle and sat down on the extra chair I had. I chuckled even though I didn't have time for her right now. I had to get these articles to my boss.

"What, what?!" I mocked her, laughing at myself.

"I walked in on Mrs. Bublock and Matt fucking!" she covered her mouth like she couldn't believe what she just said. 

"Get out! Seriously?!" she got my attention.

"Yes," she laughed, "I was giving her my articles so I went to her office and he was totally giving her all of him!" 

"Oh my God!" I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh.

I went back to work after Miley talked to me. I got the papers to Mrs. Bublock's office and I left without saying a word to her. I got my stuff and left the office. I stopped and got Chinese food on my way home and we home to my apartment. 

"Hailz, I got us Chinese!" I walked in with the white boxes in my hand. Hailey is my best friend and she's my roommate. I had to have help paying rent.

"Ooh thanks!" she yelled. I walked in and saw her watching the Royals, I groaned. I don't know why she is so obsessed with them.

 I don't know why she is so obsessed with them

"They're so hot!" Hailey groaned. I rolled my eyes and sat the Chinese on our living room table and we began eating.

"I don't think it's okay to call the Princes 'hot'," I chuckled.

"Oh well, let them arrest me, please!" Hailey ate her Lomein noodles. I laughed at how ridiculous she is being.

"You're crazy!," I munched on my food, "I gotta tell you something crazy!" 

She turned her body to give me her entire attention, "what?!"

"Miley walked in on Mrs. Bublock and Matt fucking! I wish you still worked there so you could have seen it! I mean your cubicle was right there!" I laughed.

Hailey laughed as well, "God, even Mrs. Bublock is getting some before you!" she chuckled but I didn't laugh.

"Ha ha. You know I'm taking my time.." I sighed.

"My friend knows this guy that is looking for a woman. Can I tell her to set you guys up for Friday?" Hailey gave me these puppy eyes.

I groaned out loud, "fine, can I know his name?" I only accepted because I know she'd keep begging. 

"No, it's going to be a blind date! It's fun!" she jumped up from the couch and went to her room.

I instantly felt a ball of regret. I hate blind dates, they are not fun.