3

Demi

I was at my boring job on a Thursday. One day until this blind date. I can't wait to get this date over with. Hailey will not stop talking about it! I know it was just going to be a date, it's not going to be serious, I know it because I'm not ready.

Mrs. Bublock assigned me to write an article about the princes. Hailey would love this job. I understand that they are a big deal, but I really don't care about them.

"Hey," Henry came to my tiny cubicle, "a few of us are going out for drinks after work, do you wanna join?" he invited. I sighed silently.

"I can't... I would but I'm actually going shopping with my roommate..." I rejected and luckily it was true because I didn't want to go. I could tell he was a bit disappointed.

"Alright..." he shuffled off.

"Demetria Devonne!" Miley stormed into my cubicle. I'll never finish this article with all these distractions.

"Ugh!" I groaned out loud, "what!?"

"Did I just hear you reject THE Henry!? The hottest guy in this whole building!?" she leaned against my cubicle.

"You sure did," I texted Hailey for help on this royal article, "I have plans. Hailey set me up on a blind day tomorrow so we're going dress shopping tonight."

"What?" she scoffed, "I offered to set you up and you rejected me but Hailey offered and you agreed?!"

"I had no choice. She kept begging and begging! It's not going to mean anything. He might not even show." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I want all the deets tomorrow night afterward. Stat." she left my office and went back to hers.

Luckily, now I was able to concentrate on this dumb article. If it wasn't for Hailey's help, I'd be here all night working on this article. I got it done and got it turned in to Mrs. Bublock's office on time. I left the office and drove to a store where Hailey told me to meet her at. Apparently, she already had some outfits ready.

"Go to the dressing room, I'll be right there," Hailey dug through clothes.

"I thought I was going to help?" I asked but she nodded her head.

"Ugh," I groaned, "I don't want anything too racy. You know I don't like a lot of cleavages." I went to an empty dressing room. I'm already regretting this.

Hailey finally arrived with tons of dresses, "try this one! This is my favorite!" She handed me a spaghetti strap polka-dot dress. It was so ugly.

I tried it on for shits and giggles but it was definitely a no and she agreed

All the dresses she had picked out for me were either ugly or they showed a lot of cleavage than I liked.

But the last dress that I did try on, I did like actually. I ended up buying that dress and some shoes that went with it. After our shopping fun, we went out for dinner where we talked about life, work, and the blind date--I still don't know the name of this dude.

"I'm so excited for you tomorrow!" Hailey started dancing in the kitchen, which made me laugh.

"You can be as excited as you want, but nothing is happening after this dumb date," I grabbed a water from the fridge

"C'mon, Demi... I just want to see you happy again.." Hailey frowned.

"I am happy..." I lied.

"You're lying to yourself and to everyone. We all know that you're not." she sighed.

I rolled my eyes, "I'll get better... I don't need a man to make me happy, you should know that. I'm going to bed. Night, Hailz," I walked upstairs to my bedroom and got some rest.

The next day, I got up and got dressed for another workday. Thank God it was Friday and the weekend started right after I got off! I grabbed a breakfast bar to go and headed to work.

I had another assignment to do by the end of the day by Mrs. Bublock. Little did she know, I wouldn't be finishing it and I will be back here on my freakin Saturday to work on it. 

"You ready for your date!?" Miley sat in my empty chair in my cubicle.

I sighed, "I'm ready getting tired of ya'll asking me about this blind date. I'm not excited nor am I ready for this dumb thing!" I rant.

"Okay, okay, chill. It'll be good for yo--" Miley got interrupted by Mrs. Bublock. 

"Miss Cyrus....what are you doing here?" Mrs. Bublock asked.

"I was just asking Demi about her a--" Miley got interrupted once again. 

"Go back to your office, now!" Bublock pointed. Miley nodded and quickly rushed to her office. I'm going to get it now. Mrs. Bublock started yelling at me and telling me that I should put work first, which I am. I just rolled my eyes.

Fortunately, it was time to leave and get ready for my 'date'. I cleaned everything up and got out of the office. I drove home and Hailey was on the couch, waiting on me.

"I'm ready to take you when you're ready," Hailey winked. I rolled my eyes and went upstairs and begin to get ready for my date.

I finished the final touches on my look. I took a deep breath, now I was feeling a bit nervous.

 I took a deep breath, now I was feeling a bit nervous

I went downstairs and Hailey stood up. "Wow, you look beautiful! Something is wrong if you don't get laid tonight!" Hailey squealed. I blush while I laughed.

"Let's go! He's waiting!" Hailey and I walked out and got in the car. Hailey drove me to the restaurant where I was going to meet some dude. I did get some hints about the guy, but it could be anyone since I don't know his name!

"Have fun!" Hailey pulled the car to the curb.

"Yeah," I got out of the car and headed inside. 

"Table for two....uh, Lovato?" I said to the waiter. He took me to an empty table where I waited for any guy to show up. I was waiting and waiting...

I came on time and I've waited now for about 30 minutes... the guy blew me off... This is why I hate blind dates. Any guy can blow you off but at least a regular date you know who it is!

Even though I wasn't looking forward to this date,  I was let down...