14- Selfless

Food was finally done and Reyansh asked for the bill. One of the restaurant guys brought it while the other one went to the kitchen.

"Work is done here. Thank you," he said to the lady that had come asking for food.

As she had no money, they had worked out a plan to use her cooking skills in return for food.

Sameera nodded and washed off her hands. She came out of the kitchen, wiping out her hands when she suddenly stopped in her tracks.

The kids and researchers were shocked too, seeing her again.

"Sameera Aunty!" Avan yelled excitedly and ran to hug her legs, because of the height difference.

The trees were right. They got united again.

"Umm....," Sameera trailed off, not knowing how to address the situation.

"Do you all know her?" One of the restaurant guys asked, after seeing everyone's reaction.

Payal simply nodded and took everyone's leave, gesturing Sameera to follow them outside.

Bidding farewell, and thanking the restaurant guys for their help, everyone got out of the restaurant.

"We didn't think we would meet again, and that too so soon," Dhruv's mother spoke, when they all came to a standstill after walking a little away from the restaurant.

"I too didn't think that you all would come to the same place," Sameera sighed.

"So you work there?" Kriti asked, pointing towards the restaurant.

That was the only reason Kriti could think of, for Sameera cooking in that kitchen.

Sameera shook her head before informing them about the deal she made with the restaurant guys.

"How about you join us in return for food and shelter?" Sarika tried to make the most of the opportunity.

From all the events, she had concluded that Sameera had no money and no place to go. Thinking that Sameera would agree to join the researchers in return for basic necessities, Sarika put forward the deal without even discussing it with their team leader.

"Sarika," Reyansh shouted a little.

He was about to scold his team member for trying to use someone's weakness but didn't get the chance as Sameera had started chuckling sardonically.

"Funny how this was the main reason why I had gone with that crazy couple 24 years ago," Sameera snorted, looking at Sarika with an untrusting gaze.

"That wasn't what I meant...," Sarika tried to explain but Sameera showed her palm, putting a break to Sarika's explanation.

"Forget it. Even if you don't have any ill intentions, using your resources on me is fruitless. I don't know how to use my so-called powers. I am of no use."

"That makes it more of a reason to join us," Tej spoke up, causing Sameera's eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

Tej came forward a little, to explain what he meant properly.

"You don't know how to handle your powers. What if something goes wrong? You need the help of other elements to counter attack. Just like someone created a rainbow to solve the problem of falling kids that you couldn't manage to keep floating.

"At least, until you become an expert with handling your powers, you need to stay with other elements.

"You don't even need to help us with anything. I promise, we won't force you to do anything. But please stay together."