37- A connection

Everyone retired to the room to get some sleep. It didn't matter that the sun had come up. Who cared whether it was morning or not, when the body was exhausted to the core.

"You go ahead. I will be back soon," Neer whispered to Ahana, before backtracking towards the room, Maanvi had been resting.

He gently pushed the room's door, not wanting to disturb her in case she was asleep. His thoughtfulness was of no use as the room was empty.

Neer looked around, trying to figure out where she went. He even knocked on the washroom, but the door opened revealing its emptiness. Suddenly, Neer's attention went towards the makeshift paperweight that held the letter in place.

Neer threw away the coaster, not caring where it felt, before picking up the letter.

Put the letter back if you aren't Neer.

If you are Neer, then keep reading :)

By now, you must have understood that I have left. I hope you aren't too angry by my decision.

The events that happened today have shook me to the core. As much as I am thankful to you for saving Koko and comforting me when I got burned, I am still scared of what you can do (I am not going to specify in case this letter has been picked up by wrong hands).

My cowardice wouldn't have mattered if this was just a chance encounter. However, I felt some connection between us. And I truly hope that it wasn't me being foolish. Please Spare my feelings (fingers crossed).

I am going away to fight against my fear and come back fully prepared to accept you fully.

If my feelings aren't reciprocated then please send me a 'Don't Bother' text on this number- 936xxxxxxx. If I receive this text then I wouldn't bother you ever again. And I promise that your secret will remain safe with me regardless of your decision. I will never speak about it to anyone, no matter what situation I am in.

But if you do feel something for me then please wait for me. I promise to meet you again when I am stronger than now.

I am extremely sorry for my actions and thank you so much for everything you have done.

Maanvi.

Ps: Please relay my thanks to the guy who treated my burns. See ya!!

Neer sat down on the bed with a thud, still clutching the paper. He didn't even realize where his need of comforting her was coming from, until she disappeared out of his sight.

He wouldn't call it Love, but there was something between them. And now it was lost.

He took out his mobile and typed the number she had left in the letter. No it wasn't to text the 'Don't Bother' message she had predicted.

It's me- The one you left behind. At least take my contact number if you are planning to come back.

What an Idiot! How are you going to contact me without knowing my phone number/address, if you ever get over your fear?

Neer sent this, before something clicked in his mind and he sent her another message.

I won't bombard you with my texts until I receive a confirmation from you. A confirmation that you are ready to see where our connection goes.

So don't you dare lose my number. Or else I would get old and wrinkly while waiting for your confirmation text.

Ps: Talk when you are confused or scared about something instead of just running away. We can always find a solution together <3

Neer sat in that room for a while, not knowing whether to laugh or cry in this situation. Happy to know that someone liked him or sad to know that they were scared of him.

The amount of different emotions Neer had felt since the time he met Maanvi, was far more than the ones he felt in his whole life. The girl had surely come like a whirlwind in his life.

Puffing out some air, Neer stood up and went to the room everyone else had gathered. He quietly laid down beside Ahana, trying to gather as much comfort as he could without waking her up.

He wasn't sure whether it was just a coincidence or their twin telepathy, as within a second, Ahana turned in her sleep, engulfing him fully with her legs on top of him and her hands behind his neck. If a sleeping bear hug was a term, then this must be it.

Neer too wrapped his arms around her, taking in the warmth his sleeping sister provided. This kind of turmoil was new to him. And he was glad that Ahana was sleeping. Neer wasn't sure how the awake Ahana would react to this. Right now, he wasn't ready to explain himself or receive any kind of judgment.

He wasn't afraid of Ahana's anger, he was scared about hurting her.

Neer wasn't an idiot to think that his feelings would only concern him and Maanvi. If the relationship ever worked out, then Ahana would be equally affected.

They were two peas in a pod since they were born. The twins were already inseparable since birth but they had gotten a lot closer after being thrown out.

It had always been the two against the whole world. And now if Maanvi was about to be a part of his life, then it was surely going to create some turmoil in his sister's mind.

"I promise that no one will take your place in my life. You and I are always going to be one," Neer whispered to the sleeping Ahana. His promise was unheard by his twin but it was going to be forever stuck to him.

Neer chuckled internally, laughing on his own idiotic self.

"Who am I kidding? I don't even know if I am ever going to meet Maanvi again. And here I am, making plans and promises, making it seem like she is already my girlfriend."

Neer tried really hard to shut his mind, but his mind kept getting restless. His mind created countless different scenarios. A few about the future with Maanvi and Ahana on his side and a few about the small time he had actually spent with Maanvi here.