CHAPTER 2: Tales of the Forgotten

BILLIE-ANN

My mother is a kindergarten schoolteacher and my father is a GP and owns a practice in town with his college best friend.

My brother is 2years younger than me and spends his summers with our grandparents. My parents are great people. Dad loves to cook and my mom loves to do the Sudoku on the daily paper.

My home life is basically a cereal commercial, it's so good.

I get good grades and suppers at the dining table. We have family game nights and my brother only partially annoys me. I don't have any extra piercings or have ever dyed my hair and I have never stayed out past curfew.

And my curfew is midnight.

I am 14years old and I have a midnight curfew but it doesn't matter because I am not only invisible. I am also forgotten.

That is why I put out when Ryder wanted to have sex last night. That is why I agreed to this summer fling and why we are making out in my kitchen.

I never wanted to be popular or be known by the entire town. I never wanted to get all the boys or have everyone in school know my name.

I just wanted normal. The same thing I had at home.

The summer I lost my first kiss, I for some reason became a plague to my peers. The girls are cruel and the boys are assholes.

Dash is spending his summer in New York with his father and I'll be stuck in Bluebell cast out, all summer by them. The same peers Ryder left last night to hook up with me.

I'm not stupid. I know he is using me but it's nice to be seen by someone, even if it's the town's golden boy.

Plus sleeping with Ryder is better than losing my virginity to some loser who was going to broadcast it to everyone. At least I gave it up to someone who knows how to keep a secret.

I hope.

Besides Ryder is sweet. The entire time he kept asking if I was fine and stopped when he heard me wince or struggle. His kisses are hypnotizing and make me feel like I am walking on sunshine.

He held me when we were done and even told me a joke to distract me from the blood I saw on my sheets.

So what if I didn't get the flowers or the candlelight dinner? So what, we are not madly in love? That shit only happens in movies anyway.

I am sure after this summer, they will be many bodies that will follow after me but he gave me his fist kiss and virginity. He gave me his word and secrecy...and it is enough for me.

It is actually more than I ever expected to get.

"I don't have any condoms." Ryder pauses against my lips. "But I need practice on something else if you don't mind." I feel his smirk. "I've read enough articles."

He picks me up and puts me over the kitchen island. He pushes up my t-shirt before pulling down my shorts along with my underwear.

I'm confused on what he is doing till I feel his mouth on my lady down there. He kisses me softly before his tongue slips in and he begins rubbing over it—he then slips a finger in, making me arch off the counter.

"Fuck!" I moan as his mouth goes to town on me and a 2nd finger joins the party.

He continues the beautiful assault and eventually, I have my first orgasm. It feels like someone lit fireworks in my stomach and ran away.

It's immaculate!

After I calm down, Ryder continues to kiss every part of me but I push him to the floor and straddle his lap. I'm riding and kissing his neck like a possessed stripper when the doorbell rings.