CHAPTER 24: Back to where it started

BILLIE-ANN

(6 years later)

I'm pregnant.

After training in college and competing in the Olympics for 2years in a row, I won 2gold medals 1 sliver and finally declared a major, pre-Med.

I wanted to follow in my dad's footsteps, so I transferred to Oxford university when Ryder graduated from Stanford with a law degree where he was head hunted by some company in England.

So we moved to Oxford last year so he would take the job and I would become a doctor but now I'm holding a pregnancy test with a positive sign.

I'm 23years old and just completing my first year of my doctorate, a baby is the last thing I expected.

Life with Ryder has been a dream, true to his word we stayed together throughout college and even moved in together our junior year. It seemed life finally took pity on us and let us be happy.

The logistics company that head hunted him put us in a nice 2bedroom apartment close to my school and the huge signing bonus he got is helping us pay for Lea's college tuition at MIT.

Luckily my parents had a college fund for me and Augiie who is currently using it to backpack through Europe, he wants to be a film maker so I'm letting him find his path.

Our grandparents also had a trust fund for us that I was given access to when I turned 21, I'm using it to pay for med school but I know my brother will use it to make movies when he gains access to it later this year.

Ryder even reconnected with his father once he got out of jail and now they are on better terms. Everything was finally falling into place but of course they curve ball had to come now.

"Hey baby, I grabbed us dinner." Ryder walks in holding a pizza box, I have the stick in my pocket waiting for him.

"I'll get the plates," I try to stand up when he puts the box on the table but he pushes me down.

"Remember the first time we had sex, there was a pizza box waiting for you at the door with a note taped to it" he shrugs off his jacket. "It said you owed him money, I found it funny for some reason."

"Yeah, you were trying to convince me to go to the lake party." I tug my leg under my butt as I sit back down.

"I didn't want to leave your side that night and years later, I still feel the same way." He pushes the box to me and I notice a note taped to it.

Will you marry me?

"You saved me Billie-Ann Porter, you have supported me, given me a reason to continue and have loved me through the good and the bad," he drops down to one knee. "You've had my heart since the day I first kissed you, you have always been there and words can't describe how much I love you."

"Oh my God," I watch him pull out a small velvet box out of his pocket.

"These past years we have shared everything so it's only right we share a last name," he opens the box to reveal a stunning 5karat round cut diamond ring surrounded by smaller diamonds.

"Marry me Porter?" He chokes out making a tear drop down my cheek.

"Yes!" I drop to my knees and kiss him. "A thousand times yes!" I cry as he slips on the ring.

"I love you," he pushes hair off my face and kisses me again.

"I love you too Ryder Salvatore, you have no idea how much." I say against his lips.

RYDER

(5 years later)

I'm married to a doctor.

I'm holding our son, Porter who is named after my wife's maiden name in my lap as Billie-Ann receives her doctorate on stage.

We're moving back to the states in a month so she can re-open her father's practice in Bluebell, I admit I didn't want to go back there but she's pregnant again and my company is opening a branch in America and they need someone to oversee it.

So it's the perfect time to go back home.

Billie-Ann has given me a life I never thought possible so the least I can do is grant her this dream.

"What's this?" She picks up the paper I left on the bed for her.

"Well its summer in America so I thought I'd update our summer contract, I am a fully qualified lawyer now." I smile as I turn up the baby monitor.

"A summer contract really?" She gives me a look as I admire her beauty, the years have been more than pleasant on my wife.

I'm convinced she doesn't age because she gets more gorgeous as the years pass, I have a beard now and have a few grey hairs but Billie-Ann doesn't look a day over 25.

"Just read it and tell me what you think," I pat the side of the bed.

"Rule number 1: give me at least one more child?" She walks to me, "number 2: renew our vows, 3: get a tattoo of each other's name?"

"I have over 3 tattoos dedicated to you, might as well slap your name on here." I watch her get into bed.

"Four: love me forever? I thought we're already doing that?" She arches a brow.

"I know but I'd like it in writing please," I pull her to me and kiss her hair.

"Fine, give me a pen." She opens her palm, I already signed it so it only needs her name B-A Salvatore, I'll never get used to seeing her write that.

"There our final summer contract is complete, can we have sex now?"

"Oh yes Mrs Salvatore, its only right to consummate this union." I toss the paper and jump her bones which makes her laugh.

"I will love you forever Mr. Salvatore, you don't need a summer contract to know that okay?" she kisses me silly.

"And I, Mrs Salvatore." I pull down her shorts.

To think, I have this amazing life now with her and it all started with a summer contract.

The End

π π π π π π π π π π π π