Chapter 10

Tw: Homophobia and swearing (f slur) :( [towards the end, there's s fluff at the beginning]

~Ranboo Pov~

With Tubbo close, we got fish and chips, he had to ask for the specific nutrition facts so he didn't get sick from over or under medicating. I liked how the ocean looked while we ate, I made a couple of comments about it until Tubbo went on another one of his America rants, which sparked an endless conversation.

Tubbo remembered he was on a timer with eating so we finished our now cold food.

Tubbo showed me a shop he looked excited to go to, it was a crystal shop. I love searching for jewelry pieces so this made me ecstatic myself.

It seemed like the shopkeeper was friends with Tubbo, he then gave me a look that he wanted to go talk to them and I nodded. They started chatting but I blocked it out as I grazed over the tables.

I saw earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings. The rings jumped out at me first, but realizing how inconvenient they are for me, I decided to look through the necklaces. I liked the cloudy hues of colors a certain section had.

Some of the necklaces were shaped like stars, hearts, and random shapes. I liked how the cylinder crystals with a pointed bottom looked though. After doing some digging around I found a gorgeous crystal. It reminded me of home and Tubbo.

Tubbo came back over to me and I gushed about how brilliant the selection was. I showed him all the little details in the necklace I loved too.

I bought it as a reminder of the first time I went somewhere with Tubbo. The shopkeeper put the necklace in a pouch and I thanked her, slipping it into my pocket.

We looked through a couple more little shops, but I didn't get anything, nothing grabbed my attention like the necklace. I looked up at the sky seeing that the sun was starting to go down and that things were cooling.

Tubbo seemed to be starting to get affected by it. We walked onto the beach and seeing him shivering I waited to see how he would ask for help, but I got my answer soon enough,

"Hey, can we go buy a blanket before the shops close? I'm cold and wanna have something to sit on with you while we watch the sun go down.

"Oh sure, it's ironic that you forgot a jacket."

"Yes I know, don't make fun of me for it."

"Oh I just might," I said sarcastically.

We turned back towards the town. Tubbo swung our hands humorously high and I giggled at him, encouraging the swinging, soon he almost threw me off balance!

We went into a shop and bought a blanket for him, he immediately wrapped it around himself but realized he still wanted to hold my hand so the blanket was shifted around him and his hand poked out.

We walked back down to the beach, just in time, as the clouds turned pink and water gained the reddish-orange hues.

Tubbo took off the blanket and I saw him get goosebumps, he quickly put the blanket on the ground and proceeded to take his shoes off. I understood how that could be cozier so I took mine off too after sitting down.

We were so close to one another, I wanted to figure out how to tell Tubbo outright that I liked him. In no way, shape, or form would I be able to do that soon, but hinting at it by showing my adoration might help.

"Tubbo, I appreciate spending time with you. It's amazing to be so close to you."

"Oh, me too, I enjoy being around you, I feel content while I'm around you."