Oscar Nominations

The rest of the week was crazy since everyone was figuring everything, you were meeting your co-stars, you were still getting the hang of Los Angeles and you started to feel a little bit homesick. You missed Raffie and your family.The weather in California was very different to the one in London, here it is sunny almost every day and it is very hot. In London it is cold and rains almost every day. You can't lie, you missed the rain and the smell of wet concrete. During the week you and Hanna gor closer since the both of you clicked instantly. You knew you needed a friend so you invited her to brunch on sunday. The both of you were currently sitting on a pretty terrace eating.

"Did you know Florence before?" Hanna asks you.

"Yes I did, why?" you ask, couriously.

"Because you seem to get along really well." she tells you.

"Her younger sister is my best friend and has been since we were babies so basically I've known Florence my whole life." you explain to Hanna.

"That's amazing," she tells you, "did she ever give you acting advice or something?"

"Not really because she moved to London when she was 19 and I was 15 so I stopped seeing her after that. I mean the last time I saw her was two years ago at my high school graduation." you explain to Hanna and she listens to what you are saying.

"So you don't find it awkward that you'll have to kiss your best friend's sister?" She asks.

"I do a bit actually especially since I've known her ever since she was a kid but at the same time I know Florence is probably finding it stranger than I am. I guess we'll just have to roll with it." you say.

"At least she is pretty." she says, making you laugh.

"Yeah" you say laughing and drinking your juice.

The rest of the meal went pretty smoothly, Hanna told you about her childhood. Turns out she grew up in Dallas, has a younger sister who still lives with her parents back home. She moved to Los Angeles right after high school to pursue her dream of acting. She also told you about the fiasco her firth movie was and you laughed so hard with her, she was very funny. After brunch you went home since you were exhausted and wanted to get some rest before going back to set tomorrow.

The next day you wake up to the amazing news that Florence had been nominated for an academy award. You know how big of a deal this is and how excited she must be. Since Florence got nominated she will be doing interviews the whole day, which means she won't be able to go shoot so that means Melissa just sent you the schedule for today. Which are obviously scenes in which Florence isn't in.

You don't know whether to call Florence or text her to congratulate her. You knew that she was busy and that she probably won't answer however you wanted to talk to her. Still you didn't know if you were on a point in which you could call her, you began overthinking everything soyou opted to text her.

Hey Flo, congratulations on your nomination you deserve it. I'm so happy for you! I hope you have an amazing day.

You ended up rewriting the text more than 5 times but finally sent the one you thought was the simplest one. You would lie to say you didn't care if she answers back, you were checking your phone every time you could to see if she had finally answered but so far nothing. It was at about 2:00pm when she finally answered back.

Thank you so much y/n!❤️

A heart emoji. A red heart emoji. Florence has sent you a heart emoji. You never imagined she would have answered let alone with a red heart emoji. You began freaking out but were interrupted by the sound of your phone ringing and an unknown number appeared on the screen.