Chapter 12 ♦️

After a nice lunch date with Haechan, Mark rode his cloud nine until his next date, which was with Renjun.

Which was... Unexpected to say the least.

Renjun kidnapped him after he got off work the next day, and dragged him out to see a movie together. The movie was wonderful and all, but paled in comparison to Renjun's reactions.

He had such an innocent and adorable way of reacting to the movie.

Which only made Mark gush internally. Luckily the lights were out so Renjun wouldn't be able to see his blush when they held hands.

Mark barely knew Renjun outside of work and their limited interactions thus far, but he could tell this whole poly-amorous thing was for him. He could fall for each of these people individually, and be with all of them.

Including the adorable boy beside him.

"Watch the movie, Mark," Renjun whispered placing a gentle hand to direct Mark's face to the screen. Mark smiled as he grabbed Renjun's hand and held it softly.

"Alright."

There were few other incidents of staring throughout the rest of the movie, which Mark thoroughly enjoyed with his date.

"So what now?" Mark asked, smiling like a madman.

Renjun shrugged. "Order takeout and eat in?"

Mark pouted his lips. "What about a late night stroll through the park we passed on our way here?"

Renjun teetered back on his feet. "I don't know... I, uh, tend to avoid parks..."

Mark nodded. "Alright... I know this good place to sightsee- a very pretty garden ice cream shop. It's my secret spot... If you'd want to go?"

"I suppose... Is it far?" Renjun asked.

Mark shook his head. "Just a short walk through Market Street."

"Sounds lovely."

Market street was lit up beautifully with all the stores towering to the sky. Few cars drove through here because there was always a quicker route due to the sheer amount of pedestrians that crowded the area. Renjun's eyes shone from all the lights, standing in silent awe at the night view. Mark led Renjun by hand through the crowded street, down a small back street and up a flight of stairs.

It was a small Red Velvet ice cream shop, and it seemed relatively empty for being a top brand of the industry. It was the whole five miles of grandeur, no expenses spared, but it seemed to not generate the business it deserved.

"What do you want, Renjun?" Mark asked once they reached the counter.

Renjun smiled at all the options. "Hmm... I think I'll try the Milky Way Milkshake."

"A Red Velvet sundae for me, and can we get a lover's sample platter?"

Once they had their ice cream, Mark led them to the balcony to sit. It was overgrown with loads of plants scattered around, and there was a perfect view of the city from here.

"I can't believe I never knew this place existed!" Renjun told him. "I mean, first off I never knew Red Velvet had ice cream shops, and second I can't believe this view- I mean... Just wow."

Mark smiled before it quickly turned to a sour frown. "I'll be right back, I'm really sorry." Renjun watched as his date ran to the counter to talk to someone. Both of them seemed angry at first, but they ended up smiling and laughing, and it was a few minutes before Mark returned. "Sorry about that- I saw an old friend and I had to say hi."