Summer storms

Alina

I hear the storm pounding against my window, and rain drops hammering against the siding of the house. Taunting me knowing I can't sleep so the rain comes down even harder to where I can't think or listen to my own thoughts. I keep having this feeling something bad is going to happen. Do you ever feel like you are being watched but cannot never find the source of those eyes? Well, I have been feeling like that for the past two weeks. I never find a smell or see anything out of the ordinary. When I feel someone watching me, I get a shiver up my back, it never feels bad or threating.

I toss and turn half the night thinking about my future for myself and the pack. My father trained me to be the best fighter, but he also wants me to take over as beta once he gives up this job tittle. I rather be head of the warriors; I know I can do it! I wish he would see what I want not him. My older brother is a party animal and never took our father serious so my father knew he would never make a great beta. The next alpha would choose his Beta and my dad thinks because I am best friends with the next one, I will be chosen to be by his side. My best friend understands what I want, he wants me as his beta but also knows what my true dreams are.

My mother left us when we were young, she thought becoming a vampire was better than being a mother. Father at first didn't tell us why she left us until we were old enough to understand what he was telling us. Unfortunately, they were not mates, my dad chose her because he knew he would not get another fated mate after his first mate died in childbirth, we have no idea what happen to our brother, but the pack hospital told my dad the baby died as well but he does not believe them because he can feel that his son is still alive out there somewhere. I envy my father and never wish something like that on anybody. My father later on married a witch and she just the sweetie's lady. Yes, I know werewolves and witches don't mingle but she a healer witch and they mostly aren't in a coven. She helps when the pack doctor is busy, or we get injured during an attack by rogues.

I get my lazy ass up and get ready to patrol the borders tonight hoping this weather settles down. I don't like to be a wet and a dirty wolf. Most days I work at the library in our pack but since today is Sunday it's my turn to be on border portal. We only had a few rouges break through and hurt a couple of people but that's been so long ago.  Rouges have this awful smell too them, so it is easy to find them. There have been a rumor going around about a rouge wolf making his own pack, but nobody has been attacked yet, so I don't think it is true.

I heard someone knocking on my door. ″Alina, are you up honey?''

″Yes, almost ready, give me a minute.″

I open the door to see my father with an unquestionable look on his face. "Before you leave can you meet me in my office we need to talk.″

I nod my head and head to the bathroom to put my brown hair in a ponytail and put some make up on. God, I look like a damn vampire with these bags under my eyes. Ugh I hate when I get barely any sleep. I wonder what that was about, I hope not another lecture about my future here. I had enough of that shit.

I walk down the hall towards his office and open the door with him and the Alpha talking in hush voices. Okay that's weird. ″Hello Alpha and father what do I owe this pleasure.″

Rolling my eyes at them.

The Alpha just chuckles and dad stares daggers at me. "Just like your mother Alina, hardheaded."

Dad and I give him eye daggers. Why bring up that bitch. 

″Sorry didn't mean to bring that up honey it's just we were best friends before she left. I see a lot of her in you sometimes. The reason your here is because your father and I have something to tell you.