Dearest mother

Alina 

I left the bar and headed back to the cabin, trying to wrap my brain around what I just found out. Why would my brother help this alpha and what is his next move? Should I tell my father about him or just leave it alone until I can find him myself? Hopefully, sleep will help me figure out my next move.

I wake up with the sun in my eyes and the annoying squirrels bitching outside my window over gods knows what. The only thing I hate about Texas is this damn heat at least fall is almost here, but it is still hot as fuck. Sleep did not help me with my decision and now I am stuck between keeping a secret or telling my father that his son is a rogue wolf.

Why am I always involved in this type of shit?

I wish I could leave school to find him, but I can't leave my studies, plus my father would know if I were failing my classes or not. How would I even go about finding him in the first place? I don't have any leads. Here goes nothing. I pull my phone off the side table and press on dad's number.

The phone rings 3 times before my father answer the phone

″Alina, is everything okay?″

″Depends on what I am about to tell you.″ He cusses under his breath.

″Well, I hope it is better than what happened today.″

″My older brother is alive, and I have proof. I can send you the picture and you tell me if I am wrong or not.″

I send him the picture, and he is completely silent for a while. I can hear his breathing getting heavier and it sounds like he is on the verge of crying.

″After all these years I was right about this. Where did you get this photo of him?″

″A werewolf bar the Alpha owns. Apparently, he is with that Alpha rogue. The one the rumors were about dad.″

″Just great. I have other news for you, and you will get pissed. Your mother showed up this morning wanting to see you guys and Jake came back home yesterday and they have been talking all day, but something does not feel right, and I want you to stay away until I can figure it out.″ Damnit Jake, why did you have to go looking for her?

″Why after all these years she would come back to see us? She has not tried to see us or contact us since she left? I thought about looking for him, but I don't have any leads on him.″

″I told her she leaves tomorrow morning, and I don't want her near Jane. You guys are old enough to make a decision if you want her back in your guy's lives, but I don't want nothing to do with her. About your brother, I will send out one of our trackers. I am sure I have something of his mother's belongings somewhere.''

″Okay dad how is Austin doing since becoming Alpha?''

″Don't get me started on that boy. Nothing but a big headache.″

″I am sure he is dad but just be patient with him. I am sure it will get better.″

″I need to get off here and go check on your brother and make sure she is behaving. Call me if you need anything.″

″Okay, bye dad take care.″

I wonder when Jake went to look for her. Jake just opened up a can of worms and I hope he is ready for whatever she has to say. To be honest, I don't want to see her ever again. Jake can mend his relationship with her, but I can't do it. I don't want to be hurt all over again.

As the day went by, I found myself alone with my thoughts, which is never a good thing. Why would jake even think about seeing her and why did dad just let her come inside the pack house? Maybe I should make a surprise visit to see what she is up too but then I would have to be face to face with her.

I would try to punch her in the face, but knowing her speed, she would dodge it easily. I should just stay here until something happens. I wonder if I should have just stayed home, but then I would of saw her and well, that would have not been a pleasant sight to see.

Eugene

What is taking her so long? I know she wants to warn her son about our attack, but hurry the fuck up women. She says once she tells him what he did, he will leave and wait to come back once she calls him. The sun is setting, and I am getting irritated as fuck. Once I kill someone from her pack, she will feel it and will probably call her daddy, but he will be too busy to answer.

I hear footsteps and see jake coming out from the wood line. Everybody is on high alert of him. I nod, telling them it is fine, and he is no threat. ″I am guessing you are Eugene?″

″Yes, what are you doing here instead of her?″

″She wanted to let you know this pack line is under a spell, so once you cross it, it will alarm the warriors once you cross it.″

″I can put it down and back up and they won't know it happened. Are leaving once I put it down?″

″Yes, but I will be back once I get word from her that I can come back.″

″How can I trust that you aren't going to get help?″

″If my mother didn't trust me, she would have never told me the real reason she was here, plus what my father did was wrong, and I hope Alina will see it the same way I do.″

″I don't care that my mate is your sister. I will kill you if you betray us.″

″I understand alpha.″ That was kind of fast.

″You already recognize me as your Alpha?″

″Yes, and Austin is a train wreck of an alpha. We might be friends, but I cannot stand by an Alpha I do not trust with the safety of my pack.″

″Okay, don't betray my trust and Alina cannot find out about this until I have someone call her a few days later. Can we start this shit or not?″

″Whenever you are ready.″ He walks away to his destination.

I step towards the barrier and close my eyes to figure out what kind of spell they are using and great just what I needed. They must have asked Lynn to but one up when she was here. Her witch marking is all over this thing and now I have to go find her before I can start. I pull my cellphone out and call her and it goes to voice mail. Fucking great, wonder how long until I hear from her?

″Okay, get some rest and hopefully we will be fighting and killing soon. Reminder: no children or women get touched or injured. I will kill you on the spot if you don't listen to that rule. Make sure they surrender and if they don't, you have every right to fight them until they do or they die. The alpha and the other higher-ups are for me and Claire to deal with. Once I have the alpha and beta captured, you will rest, and then we will clean up the mess we made. Depending on who they were, we will either burn or bury the dead bodies.

Moon goddess, please watch over us, and I know you won't like what I am about to do.