Can I be a better man?

Eugene

(The day Alina came home)

After murdering my mother's murdered, I sat down thinking the best way to have her come home with me; she ends up coming home a few days later. Fate has a funny way of meddling with people's lives, and some are good, and some are bad but like do we even have a choice of making our own decision if they are just going to be messed with and not come out, the way we want them too.

I was sitting at the table eating a late lunch when I heard her voice outside arguing with her mother. I was actually surprised to see that she came on her own, but who informed her that her mother was even here? Did he take away jane's phone? Because that's the only person who would have told her what happened here.

I step outside to see them fighting as if they were sisters and not mother and daughter. I need to stop them before something bad really happens. I charge towards Alina before she can rip Claire's face off. Even though I would not mind that, but I have to set a good example for my pack.

I grab her by the waist and held her back from doing anything involving hurting anyone else who decides to butt in. The tingles shoot thorough my body like little electric shocks. Her body already relaxes under it, but Alina is trying so hard to ignore them, but her wolf is already being affected by us. I knew she would be like this since she probably thought she would not be mated to an Alpha.

''Enough already and put your damn fangs away, my mate.''

″Get off of me before I rip your fucking balls off.″

''Not until you put your fangs away and calm the fuck down.''

″What are you, my father? Oh, that's right, you killed him.″

Feisty little thing, moon goddess, help me.

''I am not letting you go until you have calmed down and tell your wolf to stop putting her arousal out. Not the time nor place for that.''

″Well, I guess we will be here for a while then, because I don't back down, mate.″

Now my patience is running thin with her mouth and attitude. The Alpha in me is starting to get pissed at the disrespect my mate is giving me.

''Are you challenging me Alina?''

That got her attention and I'm guessing she is thinking how to get out of this situation she is in. Her body language tells me everything, and she thinks I am dumb to not notice the little things she does.

″Me challenging my new Alpha, oh I would never do that.″ She rolled her fucking eyes at me? Oh, just wait until we are alone..

Playing dumb are we now? Does she know that the mate bond tells on her? I will let her keep thinking she has won.

''Quit acting dumb with me. I can see right through you.''

″Can you please let me go? I won't attack her for now?″

''I understand you're angry with her, but we have things to discuss, and I want your mind clear when we do.''

″You really think you know how pissed off I am at her? How? when I just meet you.″

''Never mind, but you go after her again and I will have to lock you away in our room.''

Her body went hard like a statue when I said that one. She really thinks I will let her stay in another room without me.

″I am not sharing a room with you! I don't care that you're my mate; I don't trust you. I will sleep outside in wolf form if I have to. Also, never tell me what to do because it won't be pretty for you.″