Going home

Alina

I tossed and turned all night long after having my talk with Jane. I knew my father meet his fate late last night. I felt the pain in my chest, but it was not as bad as I thought it would. Was death a fair punishment? I can't imagine what those poor witches went through. I still can't wrap my head around the fact my father was involved, slaying those innocent witches and children. Is that why our mother left us because she knew of his crimes? But why leave us with him? What else was he hiding from us? What is jane going to do now that she is by herself right now? Fuck what she said, I am coming home and going to figure this shit out myself.

There is nothing left here for me, anyway. Dad is dead and I don't have to be beta. That will be somebody else mess to deal with. Will this new Alpha let be head warrior, or will I have to fight my way back to the top once again? I have no idea what I am about to walk into when I get home. I doubt Austin is roaming free right now, and he is probably giving them a hard time as well. I hope he does not do something dumb that will get him killed. Where is jake right now? Why did he leave and not fight? He is such a pussy and go figure he listened to every word she said. Typical mommas' boy, dad was right, he would make an awful beta.

I start packing all my belongings. I can fit in my car and once I get settled back home, I can arrange for this stuff to be sold or someone in the pack can use it. It only takes me a couple of hours to pack. I close the front door and lock it. I close my trunk and get in the driver's side and drive off without another look. It might be hot today but at least the wind feels good and not too much traffic on the way back home.

Few hours later I am a few minutes from being home since I left, and my nerves were fine until I crossed over the town line. I am really ready to come back here and not see my father's face. What if I see her and I punch her first without saying anything to her? What will happen when I come face to face with this Rogue Alpha? Will I be detained until he sees me not a threat or will they just let me in?

Jane did say most of the pack turned their backs on my father and Austin. Did our pack really trust them in the first place? Austin did nothing wrong. It was his father, so why not trust Austin? Austin, that bad of an Alpha, or was he just a straight up jackass that he can be at times?

I pull up to the gate and it seemed nothing had really changed, or we were really attacked.

''Welcome home Luna.''

Luna?! What the fuck?

''No beta's daughter, remember josh.''

Josh's face went from happy to oh shit. What did I just say to her?

''My apologizes Alina, you may enter and welcome back.''

What the fuck is going on around here? I did come back home right, and this is not a dream right. Me, a Luna that would be a funny sight to see. I drive up to the house and nothing looks damaged or anything out of place besides the smell of fresh burned bodies, which makes me want to throw up. I wonder who died when I was gone. Death does not really bother me as much since it is just how pack life works. We all died one day, just some earlier than others. I was taught to never show my emotions when it came to stuff like that.

Some random guy came out and tried to help me with my stuff, but I smacked his hand and told him to stay off my shit. He looked shocked when I smacked his hand away. Stupid ran off with his tail in-between his legs like I burned his ass. Is my aura really that frighting to other wolves?

I knew the minute she walked out that door since her scent was very off-putting, if you ask me. I was hoping to avoid her as along as possible, but nothing I do ever goes as planned.

''You know you didn't have to smack him like that, my dear daughter?''

''You have no right to call me that and I do what I want, Claire.''