Confused

Alina

I woke up to a pain in my stomach that almost made me throw up. What the fuck is going on with me? Happened a few more times until it stopped mid-way through the night. I know I can't be in heat since I have not met my mate yet. I could not put my finger on the cause.

I have classes all day and I am dreading them once again. My weekends always go by too fast. Would I even have time for a job right now? My phone rings and it is Jane. She only calls me if something is wrong.

″Jane, everything alright?″

″No Alina, it's not we got attacked last night and we have a rogue as are alpha right now. Listen to me. Do not come home and hide until I can figure out how to handle this situation.″

The stomach pain must be from the warriors who had died trying to protect our pack, and they failed miserably.

″How did that even happen? We are the best warriors in the south! Where are dad and Austin?″

″They are locked up downstairs in the cells, but your father is the one who caused all of this to happen. He did something horrible, and he is paying for his crimes. I am not his mate anymore. He did something I can never forgive him for. Another thing, your mother is with this alpha and I meet your older brother.″

″Go figure she is involved. I had a feeling her visiting was not to catch up. How come you aren't locked away? Where is Jake?″

″He made it clear we are not prisoners. The children and the women were not to be harmed. Most of the pack has sided with Eugene. A few have been branded as rogues because they didn't want to change alphas. Jake left before this all went down. I think your mother warned him beforehand.″ Of course, his ass fucking did.

She said that guy's name and my whole body became tingling and warm.

″What did my father do?″

″He killed a witch coven and the leader's son has come back for revenge. There is other stuff but I rather not say. Just stay away Alina, I mean it.″

I heard another voice and some ruckus going on between jane and this man. He seemed pissed at her. I hear her slap his hand away from the phone and then the line went dead after that. Seems jane was not supposed to call me. I wonder if dad will be killed for his crimes. What about Austin, though?

Why is my mother and lost long brother helping him? Did My mother know about this and that's why she left us behind? So much for school today. I know she said to stay away, but I can't just sit here and do nothing while some asshole rogue tries to take over my pack.

I walk outside and shift for the first time since I have been here. My bones start to break and it hurts a little since I have not done this since I have been here. My black wolf finally emerges from my human form. I have gold eyes and some red patches on my ears and tail. Father always thought I was a gift from the moon goddess. Nobody else has these markings, and I found it to be nice to differ from everybody else.

I run off to the south, knowing there is a pond nearby. My smell is stronger than most wolves. I thought at one point I could have Lycan in me, but father said that would be impossible since it has been a long time since Lycans have even roamed the earth. Lycans can smell 10 times more than wolves.

The satisfying feeling when you get to run free and not have to worry about anything for a little while. Being a wolf is the best thing in the world, well I think it is. There are so many things out there I could have been, but nothing beats being a wolf. Don't get me wrong, there are some downfalls being a wolf, but I would not change what I am.

I want to meet my mate, but I don't want to be with somebody who is going to restrict me from becoming the head warrior of my pack. I really don't want to leave my pack if I find my mate. They will have to stay with me and if they don't like it, they can just leave me behind.

Since some rogue took over, I don't know what is in my future now. I hope Austin does not give up his alpha title and gives it to him.

Why did dad even kill that coven? Right now, I am confused about what I should do. Should I go home and see what is really going on? I would see her for the first time since she left, and I don't know if I want to open that can of worms right now.

Feel like I would punch and kick her for an answer. I like to know how he convince her to join him or how did they even meet?

Does my father even deserve death? Or would locking him up in a cell forever be a better punishment? I feel like death would just be a straightforward thing and he would spend his afterlife in the underworld with Hades.

I would never believe anyone who said that he did something that sinister, but he would never lie to Jane about this. He always raised us with an iron fist and made us train our ass off, but he never showed any ill intentions or showed any anger with us, not even if we lost a sparing battle. I am just baffled that he did something like this. I don't blame jane for leaving him because his punishment would have made their relationship end, anyway.

I guess I will stay back until I feel like walking into that chaotic place. Would I be able to trust this Alpha with my pack and are safety? Will I be able to become the head warrior, or is that dream out the window?

Little did Alina know that her shifting would Alert Eugene on her whereabouts.