IHOP

sorry this took so long. i've had like no motivation to do anything lol so i hope you guys like this!!

Lizzie POV
"You're my person too, Y/n," I say sincerely, forehead still pressed against hers.

I can't believe I'm dating this perfect human. She just makes me so damn happy. My girlfriend. My heart almost bursts just thinking that. Who would have thought I would end up here? Just a couple of months ago, I was engaged to a man and thought I was as happy as I'd ever be, only for Y/n to come around and prove me wrong within a couple of weeks.

"What are you thinking about?" Y/n asks, bringing me out of my head.

"I just can't believe I'm here. I thought I knew what a good relationship was, but I was so wrong. You have made me happier in these few weeks than any of my past relationships have in years. It just blows my mind," I admit to her. Y/n pulls me into a deep, passionate kiss in response. I can feel all of her emotions through it. I sigh as she pulls away, never getting enough of her.

I don't want this day to end. "You know what I'm in the mood for?" I ask, hoping to extend our date longer.

"Pancakes? Please say pancakes because that's what I'm in the mood for," Y/n looks at me with hopeful eyes.

I was actually thinking of burgers, but her reaction made me change my mind. I've never wanted pancakes more than right now. "How'd you know?" I say with a soft smile.

"Fuck yeah! Let's go!" Y/n grabs my arm and grabs me to the car. I've never seen someone so excited over pancakes. My heart flutters. I can't help but laugh as she practically pushes me into the passenger seat of her car.

"Bob Evans or IHOP?" Y/n asks. Before I can respond, she holds up her hand, "Before you answer, think carefully. There is a correct answer," she says very seriously.

I laugh at her serious attitude about pancakes. I hum and tap my finger on my chin as if I'm deep in thought. "IHOP?" I question, hoping I picked the right answer.

"Correct!" Y/n practically shouts with a huge grin. "To the International House of Pancakes!"

I pull up the directions on my phone knowing Y/n will have no idea how to get there. She gives me a thankful smile and begins to drive. I shuffle my liked songs on Spotify, landing on the song The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert.

As soon as the song starts playing, Y/n turns to me, tears seemingly forming in her eyes immediately.

"Oh no! What's wrong?" I reach over to her, a voice full of concern.

"This song. Wow, it just brings back so many memories," Y/n says in a bittersweet voice.

"I can change it!" I reach for the screen to change the song, but Y/n grabs my hand.

"No, I want to remember." We listen to the song, hand in hand, as Y/n sheds a few tears. I desperately want to ask her why she's crying, but I want her to hear the song.

After it's finished, I ask, "What does it remind you of?"

"Growing up, I used to spend my summers at this campground. I practically grew up with the people who camped around me. They got me through the worst times of my life. They're my chosen family and that place is like my second home. But my parents sold our camper when I went to college against me and my sister's wishes. This song reminds me so much of that place, it's really bittersweet," Y/n wipes the tears from her eyes as she tells me this story.

"I love that I learn new things about you every day. I would love to see this place and meet your second family," I kiss her hand trying to provide some comfort.