15

Hope there are not so many mistakes in it. Sorry🥴

The next morning she entered the company building and went into the elevator. She hadn't slept well all night, so she tried to fix her makeup. Just as the door of the elevator closed, another person squeezed into the small cabin at the last second.
Stefani paid no attention to the other person and was still busy hiding the bags under her eyes.

You don't need to do that, Miss Germanotta.

She stopped moving and raised her eyes so that she could look at him. She had already recognized him by his voice. When her attention turned to him, he actually began to smile.

I just don't want to look like death.

He tilted his head a little and shook himself ever so slightly.

Never.

Stefani didn't know what to say, so she changed the subject.

I have a first draft with information from the last 90 years, but I couldn't find any data about the founding of the company.

She rummaged in her bag and pulled out the folder with all the papers. By now he was standing diagonally behind her so he could look at the notes as well. Her body tensed at the closeness. She could feel the warmth radiating from him.

So it starts here-

At that moment, there was a jolt, the elevator was shaking. She almost lost her balance, but Cooper was still able to wrap his arm around her and catch her. They remained in position, his hand on her waist. After only a few seconds, the wobbling stopped and everything was back to normal. They both looked at each other until Stefani pulled back and pushed him away.
He noticed her quick distancing and raised his hands defensively.

It's all right, trust me, I didn't do it on purpose. I can't help it. This elevator is often broken.

She closed the folder and put all the documents back into her bag, her movements becoming a bit more frantic.

Yes ehm, thank you then.

She waited in the other corner of the elevator for the door to open.

Why so tense?

He went closer behind her, with his hands in his pockets.

Me? I'm not tense. I just don't know why this elevator is taking so long.

As she said these words, she frantically pressed the elevator's number button. In the same seconds, the door opened and she walked out.

Good morning!

Hey, good morning!

She walked up to Sarah and wrapped her in her arms. Cooper just commented with a roll of his eyes and threw a few sheets of paper on the counter.

I need that copied!

Just as he had turned around, he looked at her again.

I'll be waiting for you in my office.

Sarah let go of her and just rolled her eyes when she saw his look.

See you at lunch later?

Yeah sure, I'd love to!

I'm looking forward to it!

Stefani gave Sarah a smile as she made her way to the office.

Remember, keep your head up. No matter what he says!