61

The scream ran through his marrow and leg. He knew immediately that it must have been her. He ran as fast as he had ever run before, in the direction Stefani was supposed to come from. He saw her fall down the last few steps as he ran to her. He almost fell too, but he didn't care.

Stefani. Oh my god, are you okay? Stef?

His heart raced as she screwed up her face and stopped moving for a moment.

Stef. Please say something!

He tried to hold her somehow and help.

The person-

Her voice trembled as she opened her eyes slightly again, tears running down her cheeks. Bradley turned around to the person she was pointing at and it was clear to him who it had been. His eyes met The eyes of the person. The person who already caused a lot of trouble. The adrenaline stopped shooting through her body and the shock subsided as her thoughts immediately went back to her baby.

Bradley I hope the baby is okay!

At that moment, she began to sob loudly. A pain ran through her. It did not go away, but persisted.

My belly hurts!

Come on, I'll take you to the hospital. Can you stand up?

She shook her head.

Then be careful, I hope I won't hurt you.

All at once, he picked her up and carried her bridal style to his car, which was fortunately parked not far away.

We'll be right there, everything will be fine.

He buckled her in and rushed to the driver's side.

I'm so scared! It hurts so much!

We'll get this fixed, I promise. Hang in there.

Almost as fast as a race car, he drove through the streets of New York. Luckily, rush hour had just passed and they had a clear path to the hospital. Stefani held on to the seat belt, looking down at her stomach the whole time. The leather seat was wet all at once and her beautiful dress was turning a little red.

B, I -I'm bleeding.

Her voice was shaky and you could hear the sadness. Carefully, she held her stomach with the minimal hope of saving it. Bradley, on the other hand, was panicking and blocking the ambulance entrance by parking his car right in front of the door.

Help! We need help fast! My wife!

He screamed and immediately doctors and nurses came running. He excitedly told them what had happened while Stefani was lifted onto a stretcher. They brought Stefani into the hospital right away. Bradley tried to go after them, but a nurse stopped him.

Mister, your wife is in good hands. They're going to do everything they can to make sure she gets back on her feet and that your baby is okay.

But I have to go see her!

We'll stay out here for a little while. I'll stay with you.

A paramedic asked for the key to park the car properly, which Bradley gave him without any question. Right now, he didn't care about anything else and just wanted to get to her. He didn't really want to talk to anyone, just to have his peace.
The nurse led him to a chair and pointed to it.

Sit down for now. You're in shock. You wanna have some water?

No. I want my wife and baby. That's all I want!