38

By the way, I'm not a travel agent either, it's still professional. It's our job.

Stefani looked at Michael. He just rolled his eyes, but had no counter arguments.

Go ahead and fly. I'll take care of Ally.

Maybe it was the fact that she originally wanted to take him with her or that he didn't care by now, which was why he decided relatively quickly to let her go after all. He didn't know himself.

Thanks.

Bradley had his hands in his pockets and nodded. He was about to leave when a little horse figure came out of a pocket and was pressed into Stefani's hand.

I think she'll like that. As a little encouragement.

One last, weak smile and he was gone.

Disgusting guy.

Michael went into the kitchen and tied his tie. Stefani followed him.

He's worried about Ally now, too.

Yeah, and that you're not going.

I mean, he's right. Alice Stein doesn't like him at all and he alone would screw up the contract.

Michael let out a sarcastic chuckle.

That man just has too much testosterone and too little brain. But you'll be able to handle him. I trust you.

He pulled a smile, patted her shoulder, gave her another kiss on the cheek, and then hastily disappeared.
Stefani wondered a bit about his behavior, but then went back upstairs to check on Ally. Since her flight was leaving tonight (tomorrow morning), she started packing her suitcase.

What are you doing mommy?

Ally looked at her mom with a questioning expression.

Sweetie, what are you doing here? You need to get some sleep. I'm packing my suitcase because I'm going on a trip later.

Where to?

To Pittsburgh. I have to work there.

Is daddy coming too?

Stefani knew exactly that she meant Bradley.

Yeah. You know what? Daddy was here this morning.

He was?

The little girl's eyes started to light up and she was a little more excited.
Stefani picked her up and balanced her expertly on her hip.

He brought something over for you.

She went into the kitchen and showed her the horse.

Wow how beautiful!

Ally was happy and that also put a smile on Stefani's face.

Are you happy?

Yes! He always has a little horse for me! Can we go, watch horses?

Some day, when you're feeling better.

Yeahyy!

Stefani pulled the shirt of the little girl properly and looked at her. She finally had a smile on her face again and it was really only because of Bradley.

How are you doing, mouse?

Ally gave her some thumbs up and smiled slightly.

_________________

Ok, so- I have to go then.

She stroked her girl's hair. Her forehead was back to normal temperature and the fever was completely gone. In general, she was doing well again and Stefani was glad about that.