57

Keep calm. Just keep breathing calmly. It could only be a simple mistake, a small thing, just false worry. Surely there's nothing there.
Her hands were shaking anyway as she messaged him that she was going to pick up Ally because there was no way past Sarah. It took barely seconds before she got a message back from him. She smiled. Aside from the slight panic, she hadn't felt this way in a long time. Carefree, loved, and beautiful. At the time, she had always thought she couldn't be more loved than by her husband, but Bradley had proven her wrong. At first it was just a purely sexual attraction, nothing serious. At one point the question stands whether it had really all ever been sexual or had meant more from the beginning.
Ever since she had first talked to him, she could feel his good heart. It sounded corny and maybe she kept repeating those thoughts, but she was fascinated by it. It only takes one person to make you open up, tear down your protective walls, and let yourself fall. It only takes one person to make you feel free. Both had been through difficult times. Although they could not make the scars disappear, at least they could heal the open wounds.
At the latest, the moment he confessed his love to her for the first time, she knew he was serious and not an ordinary, quick number. At that time she had not known what to answer him, today she knew.
It had been a mess of emotions back when she had found out what Michael had done. It was now too, but she was strong enough to let go and finally accept her own feelings. Probably the best decision. Of course she couldn't speak for him, but she could tell it was good for him too. Whatever they were now, it was good for both of them, healthy.

Are we going to keep playing now?

Ally woke her from her thoughts as they were on their way back from kindergarten.

First, dinner for you now.

Yeeeeeesss! What are we having?

Hash browns? You like them so much, I think.

Yummy! Daddy likes those too!

I know, sweetie. Hash browns for both of you.

Stefani had to calm the little girl down a bit because she was so excited she was almost bouncing around in the car.

Are we going to play hide and seek?

We can do that. But I have to do something for a little while, though, okay?

Okay!

Her cell phone suddenly rang.

Hi?

Hey, darling. Where are you?

Something inside her started to tingle. They had talked about their feelings, but still not about their relationship status. "Darling," the word sounded so unfamiliar, but nothing you couldn't get used to. Something solid, not just a passing affair.

We're on our way home.

Hi Daddy!

Hey princess!

Ally squealed excitedly. Stefani watched her in the rearview mirror and couldn't help but smile. Her little girl was so happy since Bradley was there. No matter when or how often, she was happy to see him every time.

Do you want me to come over? Looks like Sarah has a meeting here.

Didn't you say you had work to do earlier?

That's- That's taken care of.

Okay.

Daddy, are you coming? Are we gonna play?

I'm coming now and yes we can play then if it's alright?

Of course it is!

Yeahyy!