60

How is it?

I'll be done in a minute.

He waited patiently on the bed until she came out of the bathroom.

You good?

As good as you can be when you just took a pregnancy test.

She sat down next to him and held his hands.

I'm nervous, B. It's all so sudden.

He gave her a kiss on the forehead and wrapped an arm around her. It was quiet in the room as they had waited for Ally to fall asleep.

Three more minutes.

What if it's positive? How do we tell Ally? How do we tell Sarah? I mean, she'll see it at some point. What is-?

Shh. Don't worry so much. There's a solution for everything. Ally will be thrilled to be a big sister, and Sarah. Of course, she won't be thrilled that I'm involved, but she'll accept it, I think. She has a problem with me, not you.

You sure this is what you want? Me and another baby?

Are you kidding me? I love you, and I love Ally. If we have another baby, I won't love it any less than I love you. I guess I have a lot to learn, but we'll get there, I guess.

She gave him a kiss when his cell phone alarm interrupted them.

Five minutes are up. Shall we watch?

I don't think I dare. What if it is negative after all? Then all the joy was for nothing.

I'm sure we'll be able to change that.

He winked at her as he got up and went into the bathroom.

May I?

Please. I don't want to know.

She held her hands in front of her eyes to cover them. Bradley turned the test over and saw the result.

Do you really not want to know?

She peeked between her fingers as he came back to her with the test.

Congratulations, Mommy.

Oh my God!

She jumped up and wrapped her arms around him so he could spin her through the air. Her legs wrapped around his waist and she took his face to kiss him a few times. He held her tightly in his arms, pressed close to his body as if he would never let her go.
All night long, they didn't separate for a single minute. Their bodies were close together, a normal thing that had become part of everyday life, yet at that moment it meant something more than usual.

________________

He sat in his office, swiveling back and forth in his chair. So engrossed in the book in his hand, he didn't even see Stefani come in and smile at him.

What are you reading?

He startled, but smiled as soon as he saw her.

I ehm- I bought one of those books. That's-

She walked closer to him and turned the book over so she could see the cover.

Ow B! You bought a pregnancy book?

She made a pout and looked at him with googly eyes.

How cute you are!

He put the book down and stood up. After zipping up his suit button, he walked toward her.