20

What was that all about?

Sarah gave her a questioning look as Stefani leaned against the elevator wall.

Nothing, it's fine. It-it's complicated, you know.

Okey, but you guys weren't fighting or anything?

No. We're fine. Nothing happened.

By the way, I wanted to ask you something. Tomorrow night, there's a "rehearsal dinner", regarding the party. You and Michael are invited, Ally too of course!

Oh, thank you, that sounds wonderful!

So are you coming?

I'll talk with him, but I think so, yes.

_______________

As said so done they were back in the office after about an hour. Stefani still had an important appointment with an event manager, who should organize the whole party.

Probably around 300 people, yes.

Do you already have an idea of the location?

Mr. Cooper would like to hold the party at his place, i.e. at the castle. The number of people would not be a challenge.

OK, then I will make an appointment with him and have a look at the castle. Let's see what can be done.

That would be wonderful, thank you.

Goodbye.

Have a nice day.

They shook hands and said goodbye as he left the office.
Stefani wrote a quick note and then quickly went into Mr. Cooper's office. He wasn't in right now, which was convenient for her. As she placed the note on his desk, the door opened.

Ah, Miss Germanotta.

I've already left.

Good timing I just wanted to ask you something .

She was already on her way out of his office, but stopped when he continued.

What do you think about us being on a first-name basis?

To be honest, nothing!

She was about to turn around again, but he came closer to her and started talking again.

I called your predecessor by his first name, too.

Hmm, then they probably had a different relationship with you than we have with each other.

He clasped his hands behind his back and looked her up and down.

And- what kind of relationship do we actually have?

For a brief moment his gaze wandered to her lips, but then immediately back to her eyes.

You see, we work together, sometimes in very unusual situations, and it's better to be able to tell each other what's the matter in a short and painless way, isn't it?

Don't worry, I have no inhibitions. I'm good say it anyway.

He rolled his eyes a little.

Yes, but doesn't a "That was pretty stupid of you, Bradley" cross your lips much faster than "I don't agree with that, Mister Cooper"?

She thought for a moment and then pulled the corner of her mouth so that it looked like she agreed with him.

See, so Bradley.