62

A drop of blood rolled over the skin. Bright red with a bitter iron taste. A mixture of saliva and blood drew a line down to the curve of his lip.

You're lucky that I don't break every fucking bone in your disgusting body right now!

All he did was grin.

You're going to lose that grin, because you're a dead man!

His aggressiveness increased a little more every second.

Did they maybe give you shit when the brains were distributed? Or was that a very simple ego action?

We both know your ego would be pretty low too if you hadn't gotten them.

He took a step toward him so that his index finger was so close to his face that it almost touched his skin.

But I did get her, unlike you.

What if you hadn't, huh? Then you wouldn't have cared. Admit that it was a challenge for you, a game.

It was.

See!

He spat blood right at his feet, which immediately made Bradley's anger rise even more.

I warned you, I will take everything from you, piece by piece. Someday you'll beg for mercy, I promise you!

Despite a bloody nose, the man in front of Bradley smiled. It drove him crazy so that he had to keep his focus on not knocking him unconscious.

Why so angry when you don't care about her? Oh or is she not at all? That's right, there's the vermin you've spawned!

You've got one hell of a glutton for punishment that your end is near!

You don't have a shred of proof. But I do have proof!

He pointed to his face.

I think you've forgotten who I am and who you've been messing with.

Bradley took his jaw in his hand to press it full force against the wall.

If you try to run you're a dead man, if you come near her again you're a dead man, if you try anything ... you're a dead man.

Bradley literally spat the words in his face as little wet drops fell on the other man's skin.

I wonder if the police will see it that way too.

Police, ha.

Bradley started laughing and pushed him against the door where two police officers were standing.

I think the police agree with me, if you ask me.

What?

I told you, you messed with the wrong guy.

Bradley's voice got even deeper. One last stare and then he was gone.

What a psychopath!

________________

B where were you? Why is there blood on your hand?

I had to do something.

He went into the bathroom, washed his hand and put on a new shirt. Skeptically, she leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed. By now her belly was a little more visible and she was allowed to move a little more, her wound healed. Her eyes stared at him seriously.

Where were you Bradley? Tell me!

I told you I'd take care of it.

He turned to face her, bracing himself with his hands on the sink so he could look directly at her. His shirt was open, as was she, he folded his arms as well.