Twenty

● please don't forget to vote - much love to you ●

Lexi's POV

I let Cassandra help me up and thank her with a small feigned smile in the left corner of my mouth. Afterwards, I immediately run upstairs - Theo following.

He is not to be seen in the bedroom and bathroom. I go one room further and finally find him. He is standing on the upper balcony coming out of the small study next to the bedroom.

He stands less - He kicks and punches the cabin wall.

Immediately I run to him I stand between him and the wall.

"Not now, Mason." he says, and without hesitation he punches the wall, just inches from my face.

I wince extremely and squeeze my eyes shut.

I've never been this scared in my life - everything inside me collapses and I immediately start crying. I shake all over my body.

The emptiness that I felt earlier cannot be compared to this. I am afraid of him - afraid that I can't even put into words. And still I stand still.

I whimper softly to myself, not breaking eye contact with him.

His breathing is heavy and fast. His jaw clenched tightly and his eyebrows scrunched together as tightly as they can go.

"Get out of here. Now." he says angrily while placing your other hand next to my head as well.

I hardly dare but shake my head slightly. I move towards him with great hesitation and hug him carefully.

There are two options.

Option a would be for him to just push me away and option b would be for him to respond to my touch.

Neither. He remains stubbornly in his position but his breathing becomes easier.

Calming. For me.

I relax a little more at the thought of him not hurting himself anymore. I can't bear this thought of seeing him continue like this.

Deep down, I desperately want to know what it was about the question that made him so mad but I don't dare ask him. Too big is the fear inside me that he will go crazy again or even use me as a wall he can beat.

"I love you." I hear Theo say. Without emotion. Cold and exhausted. And that makes me cry even more.

"I love you too," I answer in a shaky and crying voice and hug him even tighter.

But this time I feel him move. Startled, I look around me and see his arms detach from the wall and he lets himself fall completely. Together we bump into the wall and he puts his arms firmly around my head, which lies completely on his chest.

And at that very moment I realize how bad he is. Did I not see the signs before? Were there signs?

No matter, what counts is here and now and right now I have to be there for Theo, as he was always there for me. This moment is just ours.