Twenty-two

● please don't forget to vote - much love to you ●

(for your information, in this story they can apparate)

Lexi's POV

I run furiously down the stairs, still half drunk and totally hungover.
When I'm halfway down the stairs, I suddenly slip and hit my head on the banister of the stairs.

"Shit! LEXI!" is the only thing I hear before I hit the ground at the bottom of the stairs. I feel someone pull me onto their lap with my upper body, but I can't find the strength to open my eyes to see who it is.

The strength leaves me completely and I faint.

My consciousness comes back slowly, everything hurts like hell and I barely manage to open my eyes. I feel something thick and big wrapped around my neck.

I open my eyes a crack and realise that I am no longer with Theo. I panic as I open my eyes fully.

I'm in the hospital? I mean, how? Why?
What happened? I try to sit up straight but my pain immediately stops me again.

I feel incredibly weak.

Eyes narrowed, I lie back down carefully and grab my head.

What is this? A bandage? Shit, what the hell happened?

My eyes wander over me, the 3 cables I'm hooked up to and my bed, all over the room. And then I see him in the corner of the room, next to the window - Theo, asleep.

"Hey, Nott..." but no response.
"Theo!" I try to speak louder, but am immediately interrupted by the pain in my head.

But he must have heard because he immediately startles and comes running to my bed, sits down next to me and says : "Lexi! How are you? God, I was so scared for you!"

He puts his hand on mine and looks at me worriedly. I am totally confused.

"What happened? And what are you doing here? How did I get here?" I ask in pain.
"What am I doing here.... what? Darling, it's me?!" he answers me.

"I know who you are but what are you doing here? We haven't spoken in ages! Get out! Nurse? HELLO?" I say as I feel the panic and fear building up inside me.

"Hey, take it easy okay? I'll tell a nurse and she'll give you something for the pain." he says frantically and disappears from the room.

I can see him talking to her through the window and the shalusia.

What does this guy want here and why is he here with me of all people? Man damn and why am I here?

Theo turns her back to me and the nurse stands in front of her. What are they doing? Shortly after, the two of them walk out of my sight. What the...?

I try to sit up again, but it still doesn't work.
The door opens again and I see Theo come in with a small cup in his hand.

"Here, drink this. It'll help a lot of the pain."
"And why should I take anything from you, Nott?" I ask him bitchily.

"Now get on with it or do you want to keep being subjected to this pain? Drink." he replies annoyed and holds the cup in front of my nose.

"This better not be some kind of trick, Nott," I say exhaustedly and take the cup. I drink this crap too just to make the pain go away.

I drink it all in one go and wait for the painkillers to take effect.

Is it normal for painkillers to taste so ... so delicious?