Thirty-five

________

● please don't forget to vote - much love to you 🤍 ●

_________

Lexi's POV

After I've had a shower and had hundreds, if not thousands, of thoughts running through my head, I get dressed and leave the bathroom only to see a still naked Draco lying on the bed - peacefully asleep. A small smirk crosses my lips as I make my way over to him to cover him up a little.

I quietly leave the room to give Draco his well-deserved sleep - on my way downstairs I wonder where I'm going, but then Narcissa crosses my path.

"Where are you off to dear? Where's Draco?"

"Draco had a shower and is in bed now, he fell asleep while I was in the shower. I honestly don't know where I'm going, is there a library here too?"

"How sweet of you to let him catch up on his sleep in peace and of course there is a library here, just back there. The big double doors in the middle of the hallway on the right." Narcissa explains to me lovingly.

"Thank you so much, Narcissa. If Draco is looking for me, please tell him I'm there - I'll probably spend a few hours in there," I say with a grateful smile as I make my way to the large double doors.

Arriving at the doors of the library, I grab both door handles in both hands and open them with a jerk and by God, I almost lose my breath when I see this massive library. Lovingly furnished with lots of seating. The room is infinitely long and wide - with huge bookshelves and a record player. The colours here match the dark shelves on the walls very well, as do the curtains, which match the wall colour of wine red.

I quietly close the door behind me and run excitedly to the record player and the records lying next to it to look through them. So many beautiful classics, but I decide on a record by Tchaikovsky. As soon as I hear his lovely melody, I close my eyes and let myself fall backwards, but before I fall down, I catch myself again and run across the room, finally stopping at the farthest wall shelf.

Immediately the book "Little Women" by Louisa M. Alcott catches my eye and I reach for it. One of my absolute favourite books, I have to admit. A classic that you have to have read. The atmosphere here is indescribable.

With the book in my hand, I walk over to the floor-to-ceiling window and open it - a warm summer breeze blows in and makes the curtains sway gently in it. Music echoes softly throughout the room and I make myself comfortable on a couch near the window - sinking into the pages of the book with all my senses.

This must be what heaven feels like.

Draco's POV

I wake up refreshed and immediately notice that Lexi is not lying next to me and I am also naked. It is already dark outside and I wonder what time it must be - I look at the clock on the bedside cabinet and see that it is already a few minutes past 8pm. I quickly go to the wardrobe and throw on some clothes and then go out into the hallway, immediately hearing the soft sounds of music coming from downstairs.

The closer I get to the lower floor the better I can perceive the melodies and realise that it is Tchaikovsky - I love his pieces. The sound comes from the library and I am almost certain that it is Lexi. No one has ever listened to Tchaikovsky while reading in this library before.

I open the door a crack and see her - I see her reading peacefully on the couch by the window, listening to the restful sounds of the music - completely absorbed in the book, she doesn't even notice that I've stepped inside and closed the door behind me again.