Thirty-six

________

● please don't forget to vote - much love to you 🤍 ●

_________

Lexi's POV

"That's not possible." I hear Draco's unsettling voice ring out beside me as I stand directly in front of him.

My father.

"Just look at you little one. You're fine I see - I'm going to make sure that changes now. It's your fault that our family name has been dragged through the mud - all by yourself, you bitch!" my father pulls his wand out of his pocket as he utters the last words and holds it in my direction.

Quick as a flash I react and reach under my dress to reach my wand, seconds after Draco has pointed his wand at him and now too.

"Put your wand down now you honourless son of a bitch or I'll put an end to your unnecessary life right here and now." Draco's voice rings out beside me as he stands half and protectively in front of me, a very grim look on his face. I have never seen such an expression before and I lose myself in his protective shadow for a moment before coming back to my senses seconds later.

"Ah Mister Malfoy, it doesn't have to come to that - just hand me this little bitch and no one will get hurt." he laughs confidently as he takes a step towards us.

Before I can react, I hear my father say, "Avada Kedavra!"

Draco, however, reacts immediately and pushes me and him to the ground before the curse hits us. Shocked, I look in the direction the curse flew and see one of the men who was supposed to protect me fall to the ground - the other 3 immediately follow and return the curse one time each.

And then it happens - my father sinks lifelessly to the ground, his eyes still fixed on me and a cold shiver runs down my spine. The men run to him excitedly and kick the wand out of his already cold hand as a precaution.

At first I thought I would sink to the ground with him, out of sadness - but there was not a spark of sadness. So much has built up inside me over the last few years that I feel nothing but disgust and anger for him. Of course we have all the attention on us with what has just happened, so have Mattheo's parents.

With an elegant movement, I slide my wand back into its holder under my dress and walk towards Mattheo's parents, who are just pushing their way through the crowd to see what happened.

"Show's over again and long overdue." I declare as I walk confidently past them, back into the church turning and winking.

"Now let's not waste our precious time we should be giving to Mattheo." I add as I let my eyes slide over all the speechless faces. The first to follow me is Draco and then his parents, who also have nothing to say, but Narcissa's smile is not lost on me.

Even though I haven't really contributed much, I feel better than I ever have before and damn, I feel fantastic - so strong and confident. A feeling I haven't felt for ages. After all the countless years of having to live and obey in the shadow of my parents are finally over.

A single little tear escapes my eyes and I let it roll down instead of wiping it away, because this tear means more than just contentment and freedom - so much more than that.