Twenty-one

● please don't forget to vote - much love to you ●

Draco's POV

It's dark as I'm walking a little lap around the school grounds to clear my head when I inadvertently overhear a conversation.
All I heard was her name. Lexi's.
I immediately stop behind the next pillar and try to listen in a bit more. I don't know who it is and I can't put the voices in order either.
"She's in good hands with him, we promise. Everything should go on as usual." I hear a tender voice speak.
"Are you sure about that? From what you guys are saying, it seems to me like things are getting pretty out of hand." replies a stronger and more masculine voice.
"I'm sure he'll fix it. We all know him and he finds a solution for everything. You'll see, everything is fine."
I can feel sweat running down my forehead and anger going to my head. I would love to hold my wand to their throats right now, but I can't do it alone against two or three.
But it's Lexi, damn it. Lexi!
That one I've been twisting my stubborn head around.
I need to know who 'he' is and I need to know real quick. I'm about to leave when someone else joins me and says:" There you are at last, let's go to my office. There we can discuss everything else undisturbed."
I know that voice.
But suddenly it feels like I'm running in place, no matter how fast I try to run. I stay in place and just can't move forward.

The panic builds up inside me.

Drenched in sweat and completely out of breath, I wake up and look around the room.

What the hell was that? Shit, what was that?
A sign?

It must have something to do with Lexi's disappearance.

I think about waking Riddle up to come with me and see if there's any truth to my fucking dream. But he won't be much help, the way he was drinking three hours ago.

Finally, I make up my mind to go alone, grab the cloak from Harry and make my way unnoticed to the exit of the common room.

Before I leave the common room, I cover myself from head to toe with the cloak - at this hour, no one should be sneaking around in the corridors.

I leave the common room and waste no time in going to the tower where the headmaster has his office. That's the only way I can find out if this dream means anything.

Who can go on sleeping after such a dream?

Call me crazy, because I think I'm getting there, but I can't shake this pressure in my stomach that tells me there's a connection between Lexi and the dream.

I creep through the corridors of Hogwarts and arrive in the tower of Dumbledore's office a few minutes later. I hear someone talking and see that the gryphon guarding the stairs is climbing up.

I arrive just in time. I stand on the lowest step that just appears and wait until everything comes to a halt before I dare to make my way up.

While I wait here, I can already hear small parts of the conversation.

"I'm glad you could manage to come here so quickly. A few things have come to my attention and I'm not sure if the plan I set up with Mrs and Mr Mason is now going ahead as planned." I hear Dumbledore speak.

That bastard, I've never liked him and his actions make me want to take him down myself.

"Don't worry Professor...I'm sure..." I hear a female voice but she falls silent as Dumbledore invites her in :" This way please."