Twenty-seven

_________

please don't forget to vote - much love to you ●

_________

Lexi's POV

Now here I stand, shaking, all on my own, powerless but still ready for anything.

It's really hard for me to hold my arm up and point my wand straight at Cassy, but what else can I do? This is about my life. About the life that I long for and not about this one that I had to live for days - without knowing that I was not myself.

"Come on, show me what you can do, Lexi, or don't you even know how to use a wand anymore?" she laughs.

She pierces my soul with her sombre gaze, but I do the same. Only it doesn't seem to impress her much.

"Don't you worry about that, bitch." I call out and wink at her.

I don't know if I can really do that, I can't hurt anyone. And then it suddenly pops back into my head.

Mattheo. All these worthless characters here, it's their fault that I have to live without my Mattheo. I let my head sink for a moment in sadness and notice Cassy slowly and quietly coming closer to me.

Immediately I look up slightly, look her straight in the eye and shout :" Duro!", but I miss her and instead stiffen the
the stairs behind her.
Shit Lexi get a fucking grip.

Right after that she fires a spell as well, but I managed to throw myself to the side in time for the spell to fly straight out into the forest and hit some tree.

The spells just fly back and forth after that, through the whole house or what's left of it. By now I'm tripping over my own feet and manage to save myself behind an armchair. My strength is fading more and more and there are bangs left and right, thanks to Cassy's spells.

I take one last look outside and know that this is the end. I have no more strength to keep hiding and running away. A tear slowly rolls down my cheek and I lower my hands and wand to the ground.

I can see in the window that Cassy is standing in front of the armchair by now, only this one armchair now stands between us.

"Oh little one, you know... I really liked you. I really did. But now you're just annoying me! Don't make it so hard on yourself, come out and..." I hear her speak, but then she is interrupted. All I hear is someone coming in.

"Everte Statum!" I hear the person shout and see Cassy being thrown across the room in the window. Immediately I crouch down and look cautiously over the back of the chair and see Draco. Sweaty, bleeding and also at the end of his tether.

"Are you okay? Are you all right? I took care of Theo, he's outside." he asks, breathing heavily. I don't care what's wrong with Theodore. I'm glad this nightmare is over now.

"I'm... I'm fine." I answer him and after my answer I see him walk over to Cassy, kick the wand out of her hand and tie her up.

"What are we going to do about your sire? Because you can't call that bastard a father anymore?" He asks me as I slowly crawl out from behind the armchair.

If only I knew, he's still my father after all. He raised me and taught me everything. I can't find a clear thought to give Draco a suitable answer - how could I after everything that has happened within two hours? Or better still, what has happened in the last few days.