Twenty-three

please don't forget to vote - much love to you ●

Draco's POV

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I point my wand at Cassy again.

"Crucio!" I say with a devilish grin, watching her writhe and scream in pain.

"Malfoy! Are you fucking stupid? Cut the crap!" yells Mattheo, who tries to snatch my wand from my hand, but I shove him aside.

Meanwhile Cassy is just convulsing, no screams, eyes wide and the sight fills me with satisfaction in some way.

"Stop that, Malfoy! If you keep it up, she won't be able to tell us anything more because she'll be dead!" he roars even louder from a corner of the room.

Shit, he's right.

With my jaw clenched and my eyebrows creased, I lower my wand. With a strained face, I look across the room and see Riddle walking over to Cassy and feeling her pulse, trying to shake her awake.

"She still has a pulse, but she's not responding to anything. We'll have to wait. Goodness Malfoy, you could have killed her! You're not going to do anything here, next time only I'll talk to her! You stupid idiot...' he says, almost shouting.

I say nothing and breathe heavily, no, I didn't mean to. And never in my life has Riddle talked to me like that. I could really hear his aggression in his voice.

Overwhelmed, I storm out of the room and have to fight my tears. All these feelings, the thoughts and emotions are too much for me. I am shaking all over as I step outside the door of the hut.

It wasn't meant to be like this - it makes me angry that this little bitch up there knows where Lexi is.

Stressed, I look for my cigarettes in my pocket, find them and light them up.

Shit, shit, shit.

"Are you even salvageable? What were you thinking, Malfoy?" I hear Mattheo swear, just coming storming down the stairs.

"Save it Riddle. I know what I did wrong - just shut up." I say in a shaky voice.

"Shut up? You want me to be quiet? You almost got her killed! The only person who can tell us where Lexi is, almost killed her! Is that what's going on in that little brain of yours? This is about Lexi damn it!" he yells at me.

"Do you really think I don't know that? That this is about Lexi? Shut the fuck up, Riddle - especially if you have absolutely no idea why I'm doing this!" I answer him aggressively, crush my cigarette in my hand and push Riddle with all my might out of my way.

"Oh why are you doing that, huh? Tell me, Malfoy!" he yells after me, but I don't react.

As if he knows exactly why I'm doing this and he's just teasing me, the bastard.

On my way up to the room, I bang on the door before I enter, causing Cassy to jump in fright and slowly wake up.

"Leave me alone... please..." Cassy whispers softly and quite scared.

Now I have to hide all my emotions, not let them show. I draw my wand and crouch down next to her.

I glide my wand along her cheek and stroke the hair out of her face.

"This is so...simple actually.... You tell us where Lexi is, take us there and maybe, if you do well and be a good girl, we'll let you go." I say softly, almost playfully.

Cassy breathes heavily and rolls her eyes and looks me right back in the eye afterwards and says :" ... no worries about me telling anyone? All this?"

I have to laugh at that : "Do you really think you could intimidate me? You might want to rethink whatever it is you're doing to Lexi. So..." I'm interrupted as Mattheo comes up the stairs : "Draco, what did I say? How long has she been awake? Did you do something to her?"