An Eventful First Day Pt. 1

Ophelia had woken up before Hermione had. Silently she slipped into her new school uniform and studied herself in the mirror. She smiled to herself. She looked so different. As if she truly belonged here. She turned her attention to her long, wavy, coal black hair, which fell almost to her waist. She rarely knew what to do with it and it got in the way a lot. So most of the time she wore it up. Today was to be no different. Quickly throwing her hair into a bun she turned back to the mirror to study herself one more time. Smoothing out her uniform she stood up straight and did a little twirl.

"You look absolutely perfect ," Hermione said sitting up in bed and rubbing her eyes.

Ophelia turned around surprised, "I'm sorry! Did I wake you up?"

Hermione smiled at her and climbed out of bed, "No not at all. Let me just get dressed and we'll meet the boy's in the common room before breakfast."

"Alright!"

"Are you excited for your first day," Hermione asked changing quickly.

"Very! I've been dreaming about coming here for so long. Mother and father used to tell me all about this place when I was little."

Hermione smiled at her as they gathered there books and things and headed down to the common room, "I'm so glad! We'll see to it that you have the best first day any one could ever have! Won't we boys?"

Harry and Ron, who had been talking amongst themselves turned to look at them in confusion.

"Wait what," Ron said.

The girls laughed.

"What's so funny," Harry said adjusting his glasses.

"Nothing," Ophelia giggled.

Hermione grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the door, "Well come on then! We don't want to be late!"

The boys followed in suit. On their way to the dining hall everyone who passed them stopped to give some sort of "hi" or "hello" or "welcome to Hogwarts" to Ophelia along the way.

"You think she was the Queen of England," Ron declared making them all laugh.

The three sat down together and Ophelia's eyes went wide when she saw all the things spread out on the table for them. Sausages, kippers, porridge, fried tomatoes, and toast with marmalade, along with jugs of pumpkin juice were spread out as far as the eye could see.

"I've never seen so much food in my life," She exclaimed.

Harry laughed, "Hogwarts usually goes all out when it comes to meals."

"Well I can see that!"

They all laughed again. As they begin to eat suddenly a swarm of owls flew through the windows.

"Oh! It's mail time," Hermione declared.

A small letter was dropped in Ophelia's lap by a very proud looking Lotus who chirped happily when she landed on her shoulder. Ophelia rubbed her affectionately.

"Who's it from," Ron asked.

Ophelia smiled and held up the letter, "It's from my parents."

"Well go on then," Hermione said encouragingly, "open it!"

Ophelia opened it and read the short letter out loud, "Good luck on your first day dearest. We know you'll make us proud. Sending our love from Africa. Mum and Dad."

"From Africa," Ron exclaimed!

Ophelia nodded and handed over the letter for them to inspect, "My parents are always traveling. They love the Muggle world. We've been to Paris, France, and Rome."