An Eventful First Day Pt. 2

Ophelia bit her lip anxiously. It was her last class of the day. Flying class with Madam Hooch. The rest of her classes had gone fairly well. But all of her other classes she had some sort of experience or knowledge with. She knew absolutely nothing about broom riding. She'd never set foot on a broomstick a day in her life and she was terrified. She took a deep breath and squared her shoulders. She could do this. She was sure of it. Besides. How hard could it be?

**********************************************

Draco was walking with Crabbe and Goyle down the corridor headed to the courtyard after his last class when Hermione went flying past him frantically trying to flag down Harry and Ron.

"Harry! Ron," she shouted breathlessly catching up to them, "Did you guys hear? Someone knocked Ophelia off of her broom during her flying class!"

Draco froze on the spot for a moment and for some odd reason he felt his stomach drop. Without thinking he flew into the courtyard and made his way over to the crowd of people gathered on the courtyard lawn as fast as he could. He shoved his way through the throng of whispering students.

"Move! Get out of my way!"

Madam Hooch was helping Ophelia, who looked a little worse for wear, up off of the ground. He quickly rushed to her side to helped her up.

"Are you ok," He asked looking at her not bothering to mask his concern, "Are you hurt?"

There were tears welling up in her beautiful blue eyes but she was trying to put on a brave face.

She gave him a shaky smile, "Not too badly. I-I just dislocated my shoulder."

He grit his teeth, "What happened?"

"I-I just had a little spill is all. Really I'll be ok!"

Hermione pushed Malfoy out of the way, "Oh god Ophelia are you alright!"

Harry and Ron were right behind here and Malfoy was pushed to the side. His fists were clenched, his nails dug into his palms, and he struggled to keep his breathing under control. He was livid.

Ophelia winced, "I-I'm fine. It could have been worse."

She gave them a shaky laugh.

"You poor thing," Ron said sympathetically.

"Is there anything we can do," Harry asked.

"Well for starters you lot can clear out of the way so I can take this poor girl to the infirmary and see about getting her shoulder mended," Madam Hooch said shooing the crowd.

"Come along dear we'll have you right as rain in no time!"

The crowd watched as Madam Hooch led her off towards the infirmary. As soon as she was out of sight Draco stopped holding himself back.

"Alright then," he said furiously, "Who did it?"

The crowd of students stared at him silently.

"Well," he turned to look at them all, "No one? Not one of you here is responsible? Or are you to afraid to own up!!!"

"Malfoy that's not going to solve anything," Hermione scolded him.

He marched up to her, "She could have been seriously hurt!"

"But she wasn't! It's a minor injury and she's going to be fine. Shouting and stomping about isn't going to make it better!"